Nice morning

IMG_0053.jpgManaged to find myself in a seat right opposite a rutting stand this morning even at first light a bumped a white fallow doe at about 20m Heard the bucks roaring and was watching a nice fella scratching about. Anyway he stood and presented at 56m and that was the end of him. Dragged him out onto the ride and back into the seat and then saw a small knobbler croaking about but he didn’t stand still. He moved on and 15mins later another buck turned up slightly smaller that the grassed one but I took him at near enough the same place. Cracking morning and great company later on in the boozer for lunch

regards Steve

Last edited:
View attachment 88982Managed to find myself in a seat right opposite a rutting stand this morning even at first light a bumped a white fallow doe at about 20m Heard the bucks roaring and was watching a nice fella scratching about. Anyway he stood and presented at 56m and that was the end of him. Dragged him out onto the ride and back into the seat and then saw a small knobbler croaking about but he didn’t stand still. He moved on and 15mins later another buck turned up slightly smaller that the grassed one but I took him at near enough the same place. Cracking morning and great company later on in the boozer for lunch

regards Steve

I take you Policy is shoot all Fallow on site to try and clear the area of Fallow.
Serious question and Not looking for a Bun fight

Is that pick like a thorn between two roses :D

Two fantastic beasts mate well done.

Stalkerboydy

Steve shoots on my permissions helping me run them and he's the first to suggest moderation in the cull of roe buck and fallow buck so rest assured he was working on instruction on this site.

Is that pick like a thorn between two roses :D

Two fantastic beasts mate well done.

Stalkerboydy

Steve shoots on my permissions helping me run them and he's the first to suggest moderation in the cull of roe buck and fallow buck so rest assured he was working on instruction on this site.

Thanks.
I asked the question as it comes across the Deer was shot on or over looking a Rutting Stand something a experienced Stalker would not do unless he/she was on a get rid policy.

Yes to confirm it’s an anything must go on this permission as ordered by the estate head stalker
otherwise it would be take out the rubbish to try and encourage the better beasts which would be my preference most of the time

thanks all for the comments

Last edited:
Yes to confirm it’s an anything must go on this permission as ordered by the estate head stalker
otherwise it would be take out the rubbish to try and encourage the better beasts which would be my preference most of the time

thanks all for the comments

Good luck and well done :thumb:

Back