Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howa barreled action?

Howa barreled action?

I have got a friend after his first stalking rifle. The Howa's are great except for the hogue stocks.

So my question is can you buy just the barreled action?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I know a man who has 3 of these! Re-barreled.

You used to be able to buy these as barrelled actions when Brian Fox imported them, unsure if the current importers will do the same.

Like the Rem 700's SPS stocks, the hogue stocks should, if you intend to restock immediately be considered as a throw away part,

I asked a local dealer about a barreled action only. He said the importers would discount the rifle price about 20 when not supplying a Hogue stock, as this was all it cost them.

I remember an advert in the past few weeks for Howa Barreled actions, maybe Sporting Rifle?

If they would supply these with a barrel cut and threaded at 20" they would get a lot of takers. Rifle barrels at 22-24" are just too long for UK use with a mod. Should retail for well under 500.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I can well believe the stocks cost them 20. They must me making a killing on these rifles.

If only they were supplied with a Bell and Carlson. These rifles could clean up.

Who are the current importers they may be worth a call to see what they can offer.

Try the Countryman Of Derby, they might do a barrelled action.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Highland Outdoors I believe are the current importers who also import the Nikko Sterling scopes.

You mean that bit on plakky cost as much as 20?

Order a barreled action (although how long it'll take to get it is anyone's guess), and the a stock to fit from Boyd's Gunstocks in the US. They are under $100 so don't attract import duty, just tax and a Royal Mail handling fee. They will ship to UK.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Having checked, I now know that actions are available through the UK importers.

Thats unbarrelled actions - so its trade / gunsmith / barrel - proof and then on to ticket.

Howa barreled actions are popular in my neck of the prairie. MSRP on a 6.5x55 (7-08, etc) is $389 but the dealers will sell them at "cost-plus" if you pay them up front so they cost a little over $300 US. I have wanted another "modern" 6.5x55 and may go that route.

Boyds Stocks however, cost far more than $35!! Closer to $200!~Muir