Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest addition. (Pic for Brit Hunter and Muir)

Latest addition. (Pic for Brit Hunter and Muir)

Here's a pic of my new, old rifle. I took it out the other day and got it zeroed after finishing a morning's stalking. It will be accompanying me on my next few outings until I drop a deer with it. It's a BSA Mod E in .303 calibre. They were sporting conversions of P14 and M1917 military rifles marketed in the very early 1950's as a way of kick-starting BSA's post WWII business.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Looks like a very nice rifle, my only concern is the drop vertical distance between the stock and scope, hope you don't have to reach for the optic,

K333ROE,

You assume we are all short necks? Some choose to shoot upright or with a large eye relief.

I prefer the classic European style as opposed to the "Hug the Walnut/Tree" American style stock. Helps in working out the Artillery style trajectory on traditional calibres.

Stan

SD Regular
    I'm sat looking at the more "sporty" stock for one of those now. The one with the cheek piece and no "schnabel" to the forestock. If you wanted it for not a lot I'd be happy to send some pictures if you send me a PM with an e-mail.

Enfield.. your kidding?/

I have need of one for my BSA Model D project. right now it has a P-H sporterised P-14 stock on it as the original is trashed by some well meaning previous owners. Steve Kershaw took deleivery and fitted a brand new barrel on it from Knibbs and now well it needs a stock..

As well as the bolt handle sorting due to the pitting.

As you see it needs a proper fitting stock so please send pictures and we can talk prices.

Now Harry's I have seen and even handled and it looks like it's a good shooter. We just tried some Greek surplus through it and it showed promise. A suitable hand load would no doubt tighten grouping even more.

Well Brit thats 1 really ugly rifle hope it shoots better than it looks mate.
    Sorry just my opinion.
    Some guns are just plain some plain ugly that 1 belongs in the second catagory.
    No offence meant
    regards john.

Harry - like the look of that rifle!!!!

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector

Harry! Nice to see a good rifle going to work! Nice rifle! ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Well Brit thats 1 really ugly rifle hope it shoots better than it looks mate.
    Sorry just my opinion.
    Some guns are just plain some plain ugly that 1 belongs in the second catagory.
    No offence meant
    regards john.
    John that is why I need the proper stock for it and not this sporterised military P-14 one. P-H did loads of these for sporting and target shooting. This stock is off one i brought some 30 years ago and finally gave up on the cordite worn barrel. The rifle was scraped but I kept the stock JIC. I missed one a few months back...
    stock that is.

PM on it's way Enf.
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    I'm sat looking at the more "sporty" stock for one of those now. The one with the cheek piece and no "schnabel" to the forestock. If you wanted it for not a lot I'd be happy to send some pictures if you send me a PM with an e-mail.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.