Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Rover Sport

Range Rover Sport

Has anybody got one and if so, I know how much money you have in the Bank -- NONE
    I have just had my Disco serviced and while I was at the garage looked at a new RR Sport.
    Apart from the price, alright I can dream can't I the tax for 12 months is - wait for it - 750
    I have recently taxed mine and didn't realise I had to pay 405 for 12 months because the first year I paid out so much it was lost among all the figures
    How on earth can a private individual justify paying 750 just to use the roads, particularly now with the state they are in.
    I reckon it is Government Robbery.

Mmmmmm they do look good tho..

Happy to be a fellow dreamer..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Has anybody got one and if so, I know how much money you have in the Bank -- NONE
    I have just had my Disco serviced and while I was at the garage looked at a new RR Sport.
    Apart from the price, alright I can dream can't I the tax for 12 months is - wait for it - 750
    I have recently taxed mine and didn't realise I had to pay 405 for 12 months because the first year I paid out so much it was lost among all the figures
    How on earth can a private individual justify paying 750 just to use the roads, particularly now with the state they are in.
    I reckon it is Government Robbery.
    Eddie -

I reckon they prey on the old, the vulnerable, and the confused. What say you?
    KevinF -

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    while I was at the garage looked at a new RR Sport.
    Cant understand why anyone would want one and I didnt know road tax could go that high.

Lets hope the new bunch sort this kind of thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Cant understand why anyone would want one and I didnt know road tax could go that high.

Lets hope the new bunch sort this kind of thing out.
    Not a chance mate.
    Easy money because they know that the 99% of law abbiders will pay their road tax.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Oh I would certainly like one . Having sat in it for a few minutes I nearly did. You should have seen the salesmans eyes when I started asking about part ex for mine. He didn't answer until he'd given me a cup of coffee and a chocolate biscuit
    Then when I found out about Insurance, Road tax and the amount of cash I would have to donate to offset for carbon emissions my face started to give the game away.
    I thought the salesman was going to ask for the chocolate biscuit back so I scoffed it quick and told him I'd keep my present one for a little longer.

Go for the petrol and it will be the same as the jag I was looking at last week 950, in both cases that is just to get it out of the showroom for the first year after that it is 435 which is still massive. I went for the much cheaper x type!!

Dave

Hey, just as well stalking is ONLY a poor man's sport

Stan

My smart car may not be a 4 wheel drive shooting wagon, but farm tracks and meadows are ok (just about)
    But 75mpg and free road tax are a great insentive to walk the bits I can't drive

Neil.

Yep I have one and its ace!
    You know before you buy one that its not going to have the running costs of a fiesta! My average mpg since getting it is 29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1250537.jpg   P1250533.jpg  
    Last edited by Salmo Salar; 19-08-2010 at 08:28.