Double Rifle Slings

Is anyone able to offer some advice regarding double rifle slings?

I find it quite annoying having to keep adjusting and holding the rifle sling (so as to keep the rifle in an upright position) when stalking with a rifle with a heavy moderator (as the weight of the moderator always seems to push the barrel backwards, forcing the stock forward).

I have seen the following advertised:

http://www.wild-fire.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=192

and this one:

http://z-aim.com/visa_produkt.asp?t=4+st.+Pro+Stalker+-+2:a+sort.&id=95&lang=en

Are such types of slings functional/practical?

Any views oh wise ones of the Stalking Directory?

Y.W.:- if you're prepared to spend a tenner, Aldi are selling a fishing holdall, not much bigger than a rifle slip, and they have double sling straps and good sized carrying pockets, just a thought.....callie

I use a Niggeloh (and Ash does similar in Leather) as I spend most of my time with sticks and bino's in Forest and clearfell. All I do is pres the clip on my left (off) side and then what you have is a normal sling to slip off and then set sticks/mount/etc.

Wouldn't be without one. Don't need to carry a sack etc.

Stan

I have the Niggeloh one, but I like the second one you posted......
Pro Stalker - gunsling
Enought that I will have a go at making one, being skint, and having an old sling laying about it should be easy enough.

Neil. :)

Another vote for the hcleathers.co.uk Bi-athlon sling

I had a Niggeloh bi-athlon sling for a while. It was very comfortable, being made from neoprene, but I found it stuck to my clothing and couldn't be slipped off quickly

I contacted Ash after seeing a photo on here, and made me one early last year. Its the most useful bit of kit I have bought in recent years. I now swap it between all my rifles regularly, and it still looks and feels like new

Niggeloh very good and easy to use. Z-aim better at securing gun when on rough and tumble terrain but the build quality is very poor. Of the three lads I know got one(plus me) not one sling lasted much more than 12-14month!

Regards

Another vote for the hcleathers.co.uk Bi-athlon sling

I had a Niggeloh bi-athlon sling for a while. It was very comfortable, being made from neoprene, but I found it stuck to my clothing and couldn't be slipped off quickly

I contacted Ash after seeing a photo on here, and made me one early last year. Its the most useful bit of kit I have bought in recent years. I now swap it between all my rifles regularly, and it still looks and feels like new

Agree about the Niggeloh - my pipe weighs 12.5 lbs - and people wonder why I am so short - but the Niggeloh makes it OK-ish to carry. Wider straps would be good, though. Really ought to contact Ash.

I always carry my kit upside down on my right side German jaeger style, I find it keeps the rain better off the scope lenses it would also be easier to control the rifle position. Costs nowt to try it.
Martin

Back