Thread: self climbing high seats!

self climbing high seats!

so for the past few years now ,I often use a self climbing treestand(high seat)!

there excellant! it weighs about 20 pound and is rated for 300 pounds!

it comes with a surround cloth hide, a rifle rest,pockets for gear and hand warmers!

and straps so you can carry it like a back pack!

IT works great when you find a new spot that looks good for a deer. you can be set up in minuts!

you can buy them in most n.american hunting stores and online

www.summitstands.com

I had a look at these some years back and the reason I didn't go any further was that when I thought about the locations where our existing highseats were positioned, I came to the conclusion that there weren't many suitable trees of the diameter required that didn't have side branches - most of our good shooting spots were in/from mature broadleaf woods. They were also known locations so we could put up semi-permanent seats anyway.

I suppose that if you are trekking around in the wilderness or public shooting land where conifers predominate then they could be handy, but I suspect that for most of the woodland and woodland edge stalking that goes on here in the UK on relatively smallish areas, (by US & Canadian standards anyway), the traditional style of highseat will continue to be first choice.

How comfortable do you find it to sit in for extended periods?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I had a look at these some years back and the reason I didn't go any further was that when I thought about the locations where our existing highseats were positioned, I came to the conclusion that there weren't many suitable trees of the diameter required that didn't have side branches - most of our good shooting spots were in/from mature broadleaf woods. They were also known locations so we could put up semi-permanent seats anyway.

I suppose that if you are trekking around in the wilderness or public shooting land where conifers predominate then they could be handy, but I suspect that for most of the woodland and woodland edge stalking that goes on here in the UK on relatively smallish areas, (by US & Canadian standards anyway), the traditional style of highseat will continue to be first choice.

How comfortable do you find it to sit in for extended periods?
    mine is very comfortable I have the summit ultimate,which has the surround seat,its like an armchair!
    you are right about them being no good on broadleaf trees! unless you have a decent chainsaw!

but there fine on pine trees ,berch, and popler and aspen!
    theres many pine forests in britain , I thought most new plantations in the uk were pine or spruce?
    Last edited by conibear; 19-08-2010 at 14:55.

I'll have to defer to some of the forum members with forestry knowledge about the percentages of pine v broadleaf being planted here in the UK at the moment, but no doubt the big commercial schemes are a possibility for the self-climbing seat. Where I am in the SW there appears to be quite a bit of native broadleaf planting being grant-aided under Farm Woodland schemes etc. - but maybe that's a localised thing?