Thread: Non fussy sauer barrel

Non fussy sauer barrel

I am certainly no expert on reloading, having only started a few years ago, the previous 30 years were spent using factory fodder in various makes and calibres of rifles.

I have a Sauer 202 elegance in 6.5x55 and 30-06 and have found that both calibres to be totally accepting of whatever load / bullet weight I use, and will shoot sub half inch (and usually better) with just about anything I have tried to date. I have tried softpoints, ballistic tips, boat tails of varying weights using N150 and N160 and all work so well.

I have never experienced this before with other rifles; either I have been exceptionally lucky or (dare I say it) is down to the Sauer being a slightly better quality rifle? Or the powder is good match to calibres.

ATB

Tom

I have a few rifles that shoot well with any load I can concoct. Count yourself blessed! ~Muir

Blessed indeed I think Muir!

I can't comment on the different calibres, but my own Sauer 202 in 308 will shoot mixed reloads into the same group at 100m. Last time I used it on the range I took a few odd rounds that were in my gun cupboard that I didn't have enough left of to take out stalking. There were a couple of 125grn BT loads, some 150grn, and some 180grn. All hit a 3" Birchwood Casey day-glo target patch.
    Sauer make very good barrels.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    ...or (dare I say it) is down to the Sauer being a slightly better quality rifle?....

Tom
    Sauer not a "slightly" better quality rifle.

Sauer is much much better than nearly any other factory rifle out there...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Claret_Dabbler,

I was trying to be polite on that front

ATB

Tom