Alpinhunting

Heym SR20

Any body else dealt with these guys. I placed an order with them and paid for some bullets. And they have arrived and it is now six weeks later. I have spoken to them and they said parcel had been sent.

I suppose I can always use the European Small Claims procedure to recover funds.

I've used Alpinhunting before. The first time I received the bullets. The second time I didn't receive bullets and claimed payment back via credit card company. I then received the bullets weeks later..... Very poor customer service and response to emails. Arms24 is the company to use if you want bullets from Europe.

Any body else dealt with these guys. I placed an order with them and paid for some bullets. And they have arrived and it is now six weeks later. I have spoken to them and they said parcel had been sent.

I suppose I can always use the European Small Claims procedure to recover funds.

Are they in Germany? I ordered something from Germany last week. The seller gave it to DHL. DHL brought it to the UK and passed it on to UK Mail. UK Mail handed it to a Hermes freelance zero-hours contract poor devil to deliver. For three days he tried but could never reach all the deliveries in time. After three days, I was left a blank delivery slip. Not one word or letter on it. And now it's apparently going back to Germany where the seller will quite rightly say that he handed it to DHL and they said it was all fine, and that he really can't be bothered to send something so cheap back to the UK if there's going to be this much hassle.

I have used them. The delivery was extremely slow and customer service very slow to reply to follow up email. But the stuff arrived and in hindsight I'd have used them again but I was concerned and annoyed at the time.
Very much the feel of a slightly disorganised one man band, but virtually nobody else had what I wanted and the price was good.

I have dealt with them several times before - I bought a grs stock from them - wouldn't take payment until I had inspected it, bought bullets a lot. i have to say never ever had a problem with them. they can be a little slow with emails but eventually it all gets sorted - would I recommend them and use again - in a heartbeat. I have bought gear from him quicker than uk stockists......

Dw

I've had mixed dealings, one perfect transaction and one where I had to get a refund via PayPal. Since then I have always emailed and asked for stock levels before ordering. If they're in stock then no issues with delivery, if no stock then look elsewhere is possible. No worse than a lot of smaller UK reloading supplies who list items on their website and have no stock and only order it in once a customer pays for it.

Used them once a while ago, they only sent half my order for 2000 bullets. Wouldn't give me the time of day and had to get money back through credit card. Wouldn't touch the cowboys with a barge pole

Well I have communicated with them and have the tracking number. It is with Hermes Europe. Picked up on 27th October in Austria. It has been making slow progress from depot to depot and has been stuck in a German depot since 4th November. Not Alpinhunting’s fault but their courier and they are chasing.

Hermes are awful. My Blitzpatronenetui has now gone back to Germany after they failed to make it to my house three days in a row because they just don't have the delivery capacity. So the guy threw a blank delivery card in the letter box and gave up. I'm stumped now. And their customer service won't answer me.

Use arms 24 takes about 7/10days but thE re ok with postage 100 Barnes tsx still little bit cheaper than here
Cheers tom

Have used Alpin before and no issues. They took the money refunded the money for bullets they didn’t have and posted the ones they did have. Only problem I hadn’t got a scoobies what was going on as they never sent an email to tell me. Once you get use to this they are IK but thanks to Brexit they are not that cheap anymore so maybe better to buy in this country and pay the taxes!

I have bought from Alpin Hunting on a number of occasions and will continue to do so as they are consistently offering the best price on the Norma Oryx I want in .308 and 9.3 Calibers.

As others have said, you cannot relate the fact that something being listed on their website is currently in stock, nor is speed of delivery sometimes the best. What I do is send an email listing the items I’m interested in and requesting availability. The response has always been honest and if not in stock an estimated delivery time usually gives a heads up on any delay so I can adjust the order if required.

Works for me and the saving on the Oryx in particular makes it worthwhile.

I had a very frustrating experience with Alpinhunting. I ordered some bullets and they took the money but then refunded it saying they had not got my bullets in stock. I then got a German speaker to call them and they said don't worry try the order again we will get the bullets in this time. So I ordered again and they took the money again. This time nothing happened for a month and then they said the order was cancelled due to their inability to supply. They did not refund the money till I asked. I then bought the bullets on Arms 24. What annoyed me was that that made a total of 5 sets of commission on my credit card for foreign currency transactions. I feel Alpinhunting wasted my time and money.

Back