Waste Carrier Licence

Thank you for the heads up. I have held out against having one of these for my business for years because I simply resent unnecessary EU legislation and because I consider that I carry a by product that sometimes gets sold and all always gets used by someone and is so not waste. However reading the link and seeing that it can be both free and that you can get a £5000 fine if you don't have one I finally relented and signed up. Perhaps you have done me a favour there.
Cheers.

And of course , it will sit nicely in the folder with the reams of other certificates for those that like to let it be known just how many they have :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Licence is allocated to the person and registration as a low tier carrier is free and your registration will last indefinitely so does not need to be renewed but you must update your registration details if they change , within 28 days of the change

Paul

So who will have access to the registration details, the police? Is this going to give them another excuse to stop you and your vehicle on your way back from a shooting trip?

Ian.

And of course , it will sit nicely in the folder with the reams of other certificates for those that like to let it be known just how many they have :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Now that does sell it. Can we have a badge too? Count me in...

Now that does sell it. Can we have a badge too? Count me in...

Didn't I say, it comes with a really nice big "Wally the Wastrel" sticker for the back window of the truck.

Recognised by police officers UK-wide, no excuse for stop & search, etc., etc.

Thank you to all for your replies as already stated this post was just meant to pass on information that I received in a news letter from my local bds branch, Not in anyway to suggest that everyone should rush to get a certificate that's obviously completely down to the individual and there circumstances
As for my self I as many others believe that again it's bureaucracy gone mad but I do sell deer on occasions and my permission agreement states that under no circumstances should any animal waste be left on site, So as registration is free for low tier waste carriers and will last indefinitely so does not need to be renewed I if somewhat reluctantly decided to register
While I think the chances of the local plod actually pulling me up and cutting the cable ties on my double bagged gralloch and having a good old rummage about in it highly unlikely ( not forgetting murphy's law of course ) i'm not prepared to risk a £5000 fine

And of course the certificate will be filed away with all many others and yes i'm very disappointed there's no badge to go with it :rolleyes: :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Back