German huntinshootinfishin catalogue

I used to have Ketner of Koln and the Frankonia Jagd Catalogues sent to me every year free of charge when I lived in Germany.
Then suddenly they stopped and when I queried it I was told Ketner no longer do one and Frankonia wanted to charge me 5 Deutch marks for it or I could pick one up free at one of their retail outlets.
I continued buy stuff for a while from Frankonia when I returned to UK to live but then found that when Germany changed to the Euro, things got too expensive.
I don't know how you would get on having one sent to anybody here in UK now but they are well worth having even if only to use as a reference book.

I’m living in Belgium each year they send me a copy for free.

Just check their website (German one), and ask for a copy

I may be wrong but i think Kettners are no longer going. You can order the Frankonia catalogue for a small fee.

Yep, as far as I know Kettners went bust a few years back, it's a pity, I used to buy quite a lot from them, best order was 12 mannlicher mod. m's:lol:

Re Kettner

Yep, as far as I know Kettners went bust a few years back, it's a pity, I used to buy quite a lot from them, best order was 12 mannlicher mod. m's:lol:
Kettner is still running sort of but as a franchise operation I know this as the Vienna store bought 2.5k euros of stuff from us at the IWA exhibition 3 years ago and it was the devil to get the money from them after the goods were delivered to them.
Frankonia is a straight company but there is a rumour going around that the holding company who owns them wants to offload them from its portfolio.

My catalouge comes to me for free I just got the ltest one in the post last month.
martin

I always used to love going into the Frankonia store in Hannover, they used to be streets ahead of any gun shop we had in UK for the "retail experience". We now seem to be seeing shops over here trying to copy them, York Guns springs to mind, and Sportsman in Dorset seemed like a good set up when I last went in there.
Frankonia did rather well out of me when I was based out there. 1x SMLE, 1x Sauer 202 and a Ruger Red Label 20b O/U (that I stupidly sold to fund the purchase of a Beretta Silver Pigeon.) and countless purchases of bullets and ammo.
I agree, the prices did seem to take a hike when they changed from DM to Euro.

HI Guys,
i'm a dealer for frankonia here in the u.k. any body wants a catalogue you can have one from me.
i will be handing them out on the range monday.

PM sent asking what range and details of ordering from said dealer here in UK and nothing heard, now Jan 2011 and still not heard.

I contacted Frankonia direct and placed an order for a few things but I got an answer back saying they would not ship anything of lower value than 250 Euros:(
Now that I have a Blaser R93 I need some QD sling swivels that are thin enough to go through the studs on the rifle, Uncle Mikes are too thick to pass through.
I also considered a Blaser rifle sling as they are less Euros from them than the £'s over here.

Hi Eddie,

I used to visit the Kettner shop in Cologne every second year as i go over with my work, it changed to Frankonia, maybe about 6 years ago, i'm going to be there in March if you want me to either pick up a copy or get one sent to you.
I'm also going over to the Jagd & Hund exhibition in Dortmund at the begining of Febuary, and would guess Frankonia will be represented there as well.
E-mail me your address.
I have an old hard back Kettner catalogue that when you opened the cover, a rutting stag roared, as it had one of the things you get in the birthday cards that normally farts or sings happy birthday to you :lol:

Glad to see youv'e at last got yourself a decent bit of kit for the piggies:tiphat:, what calibre did you get, i could also check the prices of the Blaser sling for you

Moose

I think Frankonia was bought by Otto Versand, something like Argos. Not what it used to be.
I was recently in Nuremburg and picked up a Alljagd cataloge. Not bad.
www.alljagd.de

edi

Back