Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Steyr Prohunter is 'THE' best hunting rifle ever made.

for me and I can say I'm qualified I've had three ! still have one 6.5 x55 the rifle itself is with its twist barrel looks nice the safety works well for me, the magazine holds enough for the av stalker . however the stock is below par and I'm waiting for form rifle stocks to make me one which will I hope improve it no end in that dept .I have. Mauser and a sako oh and a Remy and a cz all have their foibles !!

If it's so good, why isn't it available left handed?

I’m thinking this is a prank thread!

He's either on the wind up or from a different planet to most of us on here.
    So much to learn and so little time left

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHandGuy View Post
    Perhaps it's to good for left handed people , no offence , just saying . How are you by the way ?

AB

Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    Perhaps it's to good for left handed people , no offence , just saying . How are you by the way ?

AB
    Ahh - yes, that must be it... I'll just have to stick to "pleb" rifle builders (like Zastava - maybe...)

I am well though - thanks for asking - apologies for not having been too communicative lately - in addition to everything else I'm baby-sitting my Father-in-Law this week.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHandGuy View Post
    It's ambedexteres

Thought I'd wade through the first post again for a laugh. Then, I thought, hmmm, you fellas have just had magic mushroom season, haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by acj375 View Post
    It's ambedexteres
    Yeah, the bolt is on the right AND THE LEFT.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

My experiences with this 'Best Hunting rifle'.

Friend had a new Pro Mountain in 260 and asked me to reload for it. Off the bench it would easily group around .5" (nothing wrong with their barrels) Came back 6 weeks later having missed two does off sticks questioning the ammo. Put target out to 115 yds and off sticks it was all over the place, off the bench back at .6". Told him two choices - cut 4" off the forend or trade it in - he chose the later and got a T3 losing loads of dosh in the deal - seems even the importers don't rate them of any value. Anyway no issues with the T3.

Another chap bought me a prohunter in 25-06 saying it was all over the place with factory - short story the barrel was gone through mistreatment. I only mention this as when I was attempting to give the chamber and locking lugs a good clean (boy did it need it) somehow I managed to move the lugs just short of the chamber and could not close the bolt with or without a round - had to get an RFD to realign them. His opinion (and mine) seems to be at variance with the OP