Small bone saw recomendations

Glendine

Hi All,

Would you have any suggestions for a decent bone saw that will last the test of time for use on splitting the chest bone etc. on Sika, fallow and Red deer.
i.e. the larger deer species.

Many thanks

Regards
Glendine.

Gerber Gator exchange a blade saw comes with 2 high carbon stainless steel blades fine and course available on e/bay&amazon cost around £29

Swiss army hunter knife
I've just bought one of these to keep in my jacket pocket. As I sometimes forget to put my fixed blade knife on the belt before setting off. Always a pain when I realise this with a deer lying on the floor and no knife. While the blade is not long enough to bleed a red or fallow easily it is more tan capable of gralloching any of the deer. I must say the serrated blade just rips through the ribs on roe and muntjac and when wanting to cut the clavicle bone there is a saw which does it no problem. All stainless steel and it washes no problem. Done 3 or 4 deer with it in the last few weeks and will keep it in the pocket.

+1 for the XT hunter. Good all rounder. I have mine a few months , used it on a fallow recently , everything from the field to the chiller. Performed well and easy to clean and a couple of stokes on the steel and it was Swiss army sharp again.
Really like the round nosed curve serrated blade used it for skinning too. Shop around for prices I paid ~€45 locally. But did see it for less online in U.K, Uttings I think ( but wouldn’t deal with them again).
Just be careful there is a XS model available too which looks similar but has no saw!!

The same saw blade is on the camping knife and it is a sharp as sharks teeth but a little short to my fat fingers,but for smaller deer quite adequate <£20-"25>locally atb

Back