Stalking ground North West Scotland

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Mixedhuntingphotos032.jpg

View from the Lodge garden. This area is 44,400 acres which I organised and managed the first Red Deer cull on when it was purchased by the local community. Myself a part time keeper and 5 semi professional stalkers took a cull of 180 head.

There are no roads inside the property.

Yes its Sulliven, never been to the top :eek: but its 7 miles to the base from the lodge, and I have walked it and back with a clients and two Garrons in the pouring rain. Not much fun that day :cry:

This past season I was stalking again on there with an American client, and there was a stag with hinds on the very top :eek: we could see them through the bino's. They were safe up there as there was no way I was climbing that lump to get a shot for a client, you would have a hell of a drag back, and those days are almost over for me at nearly 53 years old. ;)

It wouldn't even enter my head to want to climb the thing...perfer to look at hills like that through the bottom of a whisky tumbler! I'm such a slacker!

Just as I remember it Malcolm. It was a great day when you took the wife and I to have a look at your West Coast operation. Seeing all those Red Stags (fifty or so I think you said) high on the hills and then the breath taking scenery. Truly magical! :D

Where else do you get such views and the right light to capture it by, the West has some truly magnificent sights. The real sad thing is I have to travel about half an hour 'ish to get to Suilven :eek:

This on the other hand is ten minutes up the road

TullochNovember65.jpg

Bugger ain't it

John

Sikamalc - I wanted to say that is beautiful, it's my favourite type of country - if God had to live somewhere - it would be there.

JAYB - yours looks good too, snow gives everything a semi-astral plane feel.

Back