Carcass tray

Dorsetvetstudent

Made this up for the back of the discovery, fits in pretty much perfectly (although I may take the back seats out for good, excuse not to drive to the pub :lol:). Basically the bottom part of an old roofbox, cleaned and holes sealed with a bit of bathroom sealant, and handles made up out of a bit of nylon rope. Seems to be pretty tough and is rigid enough to be easy to lift in and out, plus big enough to take a few beasts. Also able to pressure wash it easily.

tray.jpg

Homebase also do a mixing tray designed for cement or plaster which fits your average hatchback or estate and is £15 made out of black plastic. fits a roe in nicely.

Homebase also do a mixing tray designed for cement or plaster which fits your average hatchback or estate and is £15 made out of black plastic. fits a roe in nicely.

ur right ok for Munty,C.W.D an Roe no good for Fallow. First time on fallow split took it back H.B replaced it same result

:thumb: There were offering them for £10 not long ago. I ended up buying 4 as mates and family kept nicking mine. Great kit.

Re trays

In Germany I see a lot of the white plastic 1000 litre containers that have the metal grid around them as a support used by cutting off the bottom to make a tray from it.
Martin

There are quite a few of us around my area who use the lower section of an IBC container (the 1000 litre chemical bunds)

Basically, remove the wire cage, using a disc cutter or Sthil (and mask) cut around the base about 10 inches up and name a lower section to enable easy loading / unload of carcass.

The IBC's work very well and will fit into most vehicles.

There are companies that advertise cleaned ones and ones that have carried water only - about 30 quid.

You can get three fallow or reds in them "reasonably" easily, plus they are easily washable and have a drain tap thats handy for obvious reasons.

ur right ok for Munty,C.W.D an Roe no good for Fallow. First time on fallow split took it back H.B replaced it same result

Plasters bath from a pukka builders merchant will usually be more durable. It will also take a red hind but you might have to drop one of the backseats to fit it in lengthways.

Plasters bath from a pukka builders merchant will usually be more durable. It will also take a red hind but you might have to drop one of the backseats to fit it in lengthways.

with a bit of a squeese and a couple of bungees you can get a very good size stag in a plasters bath !

cheers lee

If you have a DHL, Parcel Force, or Argos central depot type of place near you, nip an and tyr to beg a couple of their loose parcel trays. Hold a couple of roe easily enough, and a two fit in an estate car.

Yeah, not all plasters baths are equal...I've seen one take a good size Red staggie..Only trouble with them is because of their shape, you loose a bit of usuable space; not a problem in the larger ones, but annoying in the smaller ones...

There are quite a few of us around my area who use the lower section of an IBC container (the 1000 litre chemical bunds)

Basically, remove the wire cage, using a disc cutter or Sthil (and mask) cut around the base about 10 inches up and name a lower section to enable easy loading / unload of carcass.

The IBC's work very well and will fit into most vehicles.

There are companies that advertise cleaned ones and ones that have carried water only - about 30 quid.

You can get three fallow or reds in them "reasonably" easily, plus they are easily washable and have a drain tap thats handy for obvious reasons.

If you make your tray out of the sides rather than the bottom you get two trays out of one container. JC

Is there anyone actually daft enough to pay that amount of money for a plastic tray?:rolleyes:

But look on the bright side - if you buy the drag tray and the vented cover together you can save the £6 postage they charge on the cover alone. So only £185 to you sir! :D A bargain!

I looked at the Wild wood carcass trays and like you guys I think they are a rip off.

A friend of mine has got one and I think they are a poor copy of these ones http://www.aceequip.co.uk/
If you order one from ace be sure to ask for it without drainage holes

These ones cost about £30 and are rugged will take a 3 sika stags, 2 large woodland red hinds or a stag, or about a dozen small deer.

Mine is about 10 years old and still in one piece.
I have also used it as a drag sled behind the truck or the quad.

The only downside with the Ace design is that it only has 2 channels in the bottom of it so you will still need something like the bottom of a bread tray to keep your carcass out of the blood.

Back