Thread: Kydex knife sheath kits?

Question Kydex knife sheath kits?

Dear all, Has anyone used a Kydex sheath kit?

I have three favourite knives, only one of which has a really good sheath (Spyderco Bill Moran which has a kydex sheath) the other two, an EKA swingblade and a Morakniv 2000, the sheaths are not really very well designed or made. As I want a dishwasher proof sheath I think Kydex might just be the answer (?), but I have no experience of using it.

So any help will be gratefully recieved!!

Thanks in advance,
    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Bob, thanks for the link, it looks just like what I was after

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Glad to be of assistance, let me know how you get on.

Bob

Hi Flytie

I wouldnt bother to try and do it yourself. Go on this forum and do a search for my mate Duncan....AkA.................FGYT................ ..give him a PM or give him a shout or put a general shout out on the forum and one of the guys will respond. Tell em what you want and im sure one of them will make you a Kydex sheath for peanuts or do a trade for a bit of bambi meat or something, bloody great lads on there and will make you an amazing sheath. Just say Pete...AKA ..izafireman said to give em a shout.Oh and discuss your need first as they can put a fire steel etc on the sheath etc, and can do neck sheath,belt sheath or cross draw sheath..etc
    Your correct about kydex being a good choice, although it isnt as pretty as a leather sheath , in many respects it is better as it wont 'sweat' like a leather sheath and 'attack' a high carbon blade, nor will it rot etc.....you can even get some wicked colours so you wont ever lose you knive.

Cheers

Pete

http://www.ukbladesforum.co.uk/forum/index.php
    Last edited by chickenman; 24-08-2010 at 21:36.