Stalking lease.

What would be a fair price to offer for 1100 acres of stalking in the New forest.

What’s it worth to you? That’s about what it comes down to. You’ll get every answer going here, based on how many deer are present, and or any restrictions on the ground, what species are there present, how many you’ll be likely to shoot in a year. Bottom line is what is it worth to you? No one but you can answer that.

1100 acres in the New Forest... lots..... between the Forestry Commission, National Trust and a couple of Estates near the coast.... that’s narrowing it down a bit!

All am saying is that is how FC would set a guide price for a tender, what people actually bid depends on many variables - location, difficulty/ease of access and extraction, quality of animals, potential for disturbance (i.e heavy public access). And of course how much you want it......

Some FC lease go for well below the guide price, a few get no offer at all, few go for very much more than the guide price.

Its important to recognise that price is only part of the FC scoring mechanism.

Last edited:
The bit of ground is not forestry, a private estate!!! I have a rough idea how much I need to offer. I am looking at splitting the cost six ways between friends. And any money we make from the beasts will go towards the following years lease, or equipment. i.e. Seats larder etc.

good afternoon ,if you secure a lease try and get a 5 year or longer arrangement.i have seen people get a 12 month lease shoot lots of deer only to have the estate/farmer sell it on the following year for twice the price because of the amount of deer culled in the first year,some will take a lease and shoot every thing in sight so the second year lease holder see very few deer or worse none.lease should be about deer management not numbers and never for money making.good luck. make sure you have very good public liability insurance if you put up high seats

Last edited:
Not looking at making any money out of the stalking, and looking at keeping the cull number low but balanced.

Tree doctor if the land has been leased before the landowner will know exactly what he's looking for. Has he given you a figure .good luck hope it works out try and see if the cull figure is right or wether you will be shooting too many 100 of 1100 acres seems high.but someone will come along and say rubbish. Good luck
Tom

100 off 1100 acres is a massive amount of deer off that acreage best of luck!!!! must be loads and loads there plus will they stay once you start pressurising them, I very much doubt it!!

100 off 1100 acres is a massive amount of deer off that acreage best of luck!!!! must be loads and loads there plus will they stay once you start pressurising them, I very much doubt it!!

I've shot more off less.
Also the ground very rarely held Fallow but was busier than the M25 at Rush hour.
Another place i regularly shot 50-60 Fallow off 40 acre grass field

Back