Sierra Gameking 90g fmj

RTreble

I've got a box of Sierra Gameking 90g FMJ for my .243. I was going to load them up as a deer round, but now starting to have doubts if they are suitable as they don't seem to be expanding. Have i bought the wrong bullet, is anybody else using them for game?

Sierra Website:
[h=1]6MM .243 CALIBER (.243) 90 GR. FMJBT[/h]For rifles, this 90 grain #1535 bullet was designed as a medium-velocity bullet to preserve valuable fur pelts. It has a heavy jacket that does not deform at medium velocities in varmints or small game, causing minimal damage to valuable furs. It can be used in the 6mm Remington and 243 Winchester. It may be used in magnum cartridges, like the 240 Weatherby Magnum, but it should be loaded to about 2700 fps to preserve valuable pelts.

Yes, you've got the wrong bullet. No use for deer unfortunately.

The 85gr Gameking is what you need.

Thanks Takbok. I had a feeling that was the case. Don't fancy trying to track deer with a tiny wee hole in / out.
Anybody want some 90FMJ??? i'll be going shopping

No worries, glad you realised before loading them. It's misleading to market those bullets as Gameking.

I've got a box of Sierra Gameking 90g FMJ for my .243. I was going to load them up as a deer round, but now starting to have doubts if they are suitable as they don't seem to be expanding. Have i bought the wrong bullet, is anybody else using them for game?

Sierra Website:
6MM .243 CALIBER (.243) 90 GR. FMJBT

For rifles, this 90 grain #1535 bullet was designed as a medium-velocity bullet to preserve valuable fur pelts. It has a heavy jacket that does not deform at medium velocities in varmints or small game, causing minimal damage to valuable furs. It can be used in the 6mm Remington and 243 Winchester. It may be used in magnum cartridges, like the 240 Weatherby Magnum, but it should be loaded to about 2700 fps to preserve valuable pelts.

Any bullet marketed as designed to preserve pelts is designed to make small holes i.e. not expand very much.......

Back