Walnut & Blued Steel OR Stainless Synthetic

As a dedicated stalking / game rifle - Walnut & Blued Steel OR Stainless Synthetic?

• Total voters
I go traditional... I like the feel of wood. I enjoy pulling it apart on a sunny day so don't mind doing it after a hunt in the rain. These are tools so whatever tools fits your fancy.. I just happen to like wood and blued steel.

No contest...walnut and blued steel, please.

Me too, but I have to qualify my choice . I live in Alberta , which is usually drier that a popcorn fart , moisture is not a problem here . If I was still living in the UK , coastal BC or Alaska , I'd be carrying something stainless and synthetic , but I wouldn't give up my more traditional rifles .

AB

I go traditional... I like the feel of wood. I enjoy pulling it apart on a sunny day so don't mind doing it after a hunt in the rain. These are tools so whatever tools fits your fancy.. I just happen to like wood and blued steel.

+1 But as long as it shoots straight it's just down to personal taste:popcorn:

Paul

Last edited:
I love the look of wood/blue if done to a high standard. But I prefer function over form. Synthetic and stainless for me. I love my ruger guide gun in laminate and stainless due to how hopefully robust it is.

Back