Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sako 75 v sako 85

Sako 75 v sako 85

I have been looking at getting a sako in 6.5 swed

My question is this is a new Sako 85 in the spec i want, going to be as good as a Sako 75 in the spec i want but cant find

Joe

Try Steve Beaty at Ivythorn

I have been looking for a 6.5x55 and he offered me a spanking sako 85 but it was just outside me budget (lot less than list price though)

Dan

Only a few chages in asthetics barrel and action are the same, its a matter of choice....but you'll be lucky to find a new 75.

Dan

I've been looking at Ivythorne 's stock on guntrader have you had any dealings with them

how did it go if you did

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joelewis1971 View Post
    I have been looking at getting a sako in 6.5 swed

My question is this is a new Sako 85 in the spec i want, going to be as good as a Sako 75 in the spec i want but cant find

Joe
    Prsonally I would go for the 75 every time I have a 243 and a 30.06 and I think they are brilliant,but as stated you will have a job to find a new one,perhaps look for a good secondhand one

I've got one of each. Nothing to choose between them. Don't discount the idea of a second hand one, they are built to last. JC

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Only a few chages in asthetics barrel and action are the same,
    Errr no the actions are different, the 85 is a sort of control round feed design were the 75 is a straight push feed design. The recoil lug design is better in the 75, and it comes with a stainless steel mag’.

ATB

Tahr

i shot a standard 75 and 85 with the same ammo in 25,06 one day both S/S . i thought the 85 was flipping more and i noticed more recoil .

maybe im talking @hit

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    The recoil lug design is better in the 75
    This always comes up in 75 vs. 85 debates and (cards on the table I have 2 85's! ) I feel I always have to comment. As a engineer by trade I take exception to 'better'. The lug in the 85 is less substantial yes, and most probably cheaper to manufacture admittedly, but no one has been able to satisfy me that it is any worse from the point of view of what it is designed to do, namely stopping the action from busting itself out of the stock!

The lug in the 85 does the same job (I've never heard of a recoil lug in an 85 'fail'!!) as the great lump of steel in the 75 but its a lighter design, therefore to me that is actually an improvement surely?

Alex

I have a 6.5 75 and a .300 85, both great guns. the only thing I don't like about my 85 is the lack of a palm swell, although a friend of mine bought a 6.5 85 last year and it did have a palm swell, also the barrel was a little shorter than my 75. Fantastic guns, nothing to chose between them, just personnal preference really.