out last night

mereside

i went out foxing last night and decided that rather than sit all night in a highseat i decided
to stalk down to the pheasent pen and sit in wait for them to come in i walked down a track around 180 metres and got to the pheasent pen all quiet so just went a little further to look down the edge of the field and as i slowly rounded the corner there was a cub trotting down towards me he disappeared into the dyke, sticks up and a click on the rangefinder which came in at bang on 200metres he popped back out only to turn away from me as i let the 130 gameking fly .result one very dead cub i was going to put pictures on but i have left my phone at work . should get out a few more nights in the coming days as a few more have been seen,wayne

You did better than me!!! I went out for a few hours last night, called fopr foxes for a couple of hours but drew a blank so decided to reduce the bunny population for the farmer by a few. Left the land at 12am drove out of the yard and onto the main road. As I approached the next round about(literally 200 yards from the driveway) a large dog fox walked across the road. I drove up to iy and it sat on the opposite site of the road to me(thought about running and giving it a kick in the B O L L O C K S, I got out of te car it didnt move, walked to the boot to get the rifle...sorry camera and it walked slowly away, the pic I took didnt come out very well otherwise I would post it. Unreal. Defo an urban fox rather than a country bred one, walked over to the factory units which are near the farm probably being fed by the muppets working nights!!

Were you using a tripod with your camera?
Was the shutter speed set to .243?
Camera shake can be a real problem in low light conditions!
I only ask because I enjoy shooting foxes too!:evil:

Were you using a tripod with your camera?
Was the shutter speed set to .243?
Camera shake can be a real problem in low light conditions!
I only ask because I enjoy shooting foxes too!:evil:

Ha ha...No it was a bipod and the shutter speed was set to 3700ft/sec with a resolution of 50 grain!!!

I always find moving and stalking gives me my best results. Though sitting on my bottom with a hot coffee has its attractions too......:p

How many of us have just started to pack the gear away, when matey decides to swing the lamp "one more time":D, sh*te... the mag, the mag,.....bloody bolt!.......... c*ck! he's on the move again!

How many of us have just started to pack the gear away, when matey decides to swing the lamp "one more time":D, sh*te... the mag, the mag,.....bloody bolt!.......... c*ck! he's on the move again!

Yep, its always the last sweep!!! Same with Pigeon shooting, to guarentee birds, grab your butties, take a phone call, text message!!!!

Yep, its always the last sweep!!! Same with Pigeon shooting, to guarentee birds, grab your butties, take a phone call, text message!!!!
happened to me on my last outing for geese,time was called and i foolishly unloaded and slipped the shotgun only to look up and see one nice and low luckily another chap was with me so i shouted and down it went but could have been mine. i now never slip the shotgun or rifle till im well away ,wayne

Back