Vinyl Friday

Klenchblaize

OK its two days late but what the hell!

I’ve been meaning to do this for some time and since first contributing to a BCUK thread called Friday Is Disco Night, hence the attempt to come up with a different title but don’t be put off by it as no format or type of music is excluded.

As for “why a music thread on a stalking forum” all I can say is I’m looking forward to hearing what other members like and in the process being exposed to stuff I’ve not heard before so perhaps others will too. Its also something to 'chill' to after reading another Brexit post!

Resisting the temptation to appear erudite & cool in my choice of track to kick things off I’ve chosen this version of a Ray Davis song as it could have been written for me and is better than the original, IMHO:

K

Last edited:
Very cool idea K, always good to mix things up a bit. I'm very lucky in that my two boys (9 & 11) are massive music fans already and neither are in the slightest bit interested in today's Simon Cowell dross. So am on a constant voyage of rediscovery as they wade their way through our musical histories... This relatively recent tune from this weekend's "Bangers & Mash" as we call it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might sound strange that an old fart like me is a massive Pink Floyd fan. Comfortably Numb is one of my favourite all time tracks. It's surprising how well a very large glass of single malt slides down with this track playing over the head phones with a bit of volume when I just want to chill out.

It might sound strange that an old fart like me is a massive Pink Floyd fan. Comfortably Numb is one of my favourite all time tracks. It's surprising how well a very large glass of single malt slides down with this track playing over the head phones with a bit of volume when I just want to chill out.

Wembley “the wall” tour. What a memory!!

That would have to be one of the best ever concert clips filmed.I revisit my Pulse Concert tour DVD regularly.

One of the real joys of my life was seeing PF live in concert in Melbourne `88 David Gilmour opening effort with "shine on you crazy diamond" was extraordinary and then the show was to put it simply mind blowing and incredible from then on.

Last edited:
Oh well I guess there's no point in waiting for "Friday" so here goes.

I'm far from Gary Moore's biggest fan as he lacks restraint (as a blues player) IMHO but this BBC John Peel session track from back in the day almost proves me wrong. It also triggers very fond memories of times spent driving with my Jensen's hood down on warm Summer evenings and a soft breeze blowing through our hair as the Sharp cassette player and a BASF C90 pumped out such off-air recordings:

K

A northern soul fan for 45 years so this one takes me back (were did all those go):old:

oh yes, done the miles carrying the second pair of shoes and spending half the night looking through the imports - long walk home sometimes Glethorpes - Wigon - Peterborough - Stamford, mad times the great music of the 70's

we too could dance...

Last edited:
oh yes, done the miles carrying the second pair of shoes and spending half the night looking through the imports - long walk home sometimes Glethorpes - Wigon - Peterborough - Stamford, mad times the great music of the 70's

Right on kim never went to the same ones as you my places were The Torch and the Top Rank in Stoke on Trent (saw major lance live) Shades in Northampton-Catacombs in Wolverhampton- North Park Club in Kettering and all dayers on sundays in Market Harborough(the name the venue escapes me for the moment)
I did have a collection of over 1200 vinyl 45's but sadly being short of money when we first married a lot were sold but now have most of them on CD but it's not the same

Those were days Keep the faith Paul

Some sense of Deja Vue as I was also at the Wall when Pink Floyd played for the last time. Unbelievable experience and agree Comfortably Numb and that guitar solo will stay with me for ever. Also manged to see Roger Waters perform the Wall at Wembley which was also pretty epic.

As for vinyl I have virtually all of Floyds albums on vinyl as well as Roger Waters releases.

D

Duane Allman guitarist extraordinaire struts his stuff on Going Down Slow,just wait till he starts letting go,its one for spinal shivers.

What a women:

9748.JPG

K

Back