Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attitude do you worry!!!!!!!

Attitude do you worry!!!!!!!

Possibly a stupid thread to start. But do any of you in the heat of a debate on here post a reply and when calm think if that got in the wrong hands i could be in a bit of trouble???????
    eg being abusive, threating being irresponsible with guns ALL and other could lead to having your F.A.C and S.G.C revoked NOT AGAIN NOT this forum after being told about it, i look at a forum where a T-at was talking of shooting at some one with his .308!!!!!!!!!

Basically anything you write on here is in the public domain. There have been cases where police have either seen or been notified about aggressive behaviour and threats made online and have acted accordingly, the argument presumably being that if someone is behaving in a distemperate manner online then that could carry over to 'real life'. I can think of at least one case where someone's firearms were confiscated on 'another forum'.

I have had to deal personally with a couple of enquiries from police (not due to this site!) in relation to the actions of people on email and the web before so I know it happens!

Alex

Quite right Alex.

Therefore for those that are persistantly coming on here to cause trouble, take heed. I hope it does not get to the point where Admin take such action by informing the authorities of their unreasonable behaviour.

Enough said.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    Possibly a stupid thread to start. But do any of you in the heat of a debate on here post a reply and when calm think if that got in the wrong hands i could be in a bit of trouble???????
    eg being abusive, threating being irresponsible with guns ALL and other could lead to having your F.A.C and S.G.C revoked NOT AGAIN NOT this forum after being told about it, i look at a forum where a T-at was talking of shooting at some one with his .308!!!!!!!!!
    No
    hth

Thanks to you both, I was in "NO" way trying to Just i see some actions shall we say and think jmho how the hell have you still got F.A.C an S.G.C

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Quite right Alex.

Therefore for those that are persistantly coming on here to cause trouble, take heed. I hope it does not get to the point where Admin take such action by informing the authorities of their unreasonable behaviour.

Enough said.
    Are you suggesting that you would report someone from this site, if they behaved in a way that you thought was inappropriate.

If you have noting to hide you don’t have anything to worry about. If you are reckless enough to shoot towards some one with a full bore rifle or something of that magnitude then stupid enough to go on the Internet and start bragging about it then you only have your self to blame when you get lifted. To be honest if we can weed the retards out of having FACs and damaging our sport in this way it can only be a good thing. I remember one prolific Internet poster who seams to have gone away and some of the threats abuse and crap he used to come out with should have precluded any licensing department issuing him a FAC.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Are you suggesting that you would report someone from this site, if they behaved in a way that you thought was inappropriate.
    What I am saying is that we have had one or two nasty individuals on here over the past two years. YOU may not have been aware of them, ADMIN has.

We have let them back on and watched only to find they revert back to their old habits. IF this persists then WE/I may consider taking action, but this would be at a last resort. We have had the odd person send nasty PM's to folk as well.

This site is for everyone, we TRY and monitor/moderate it as best we can. Not an easy task, but I for one will not tolerate ANYONE who trys to undermine and destroy what we have built, and ruin it for other good people. I personally have no issue with strong debate and opinion, as long as it is put in a non offensive way, and does not seek to undermine the integrity of the site and its members.

I hope that clarifies the position.

ATB

Sikamalc

Account Suspended
    I firmly belive that you should behave on this site and others like it as you would if you were in a public place talking face to face. If you would report someone for their behavior if you were in public, they should be reported for the same behavior on the net. You may consider giving them a chance to cool down and consider their words as things can be misunderstood, if they still hold to them, then action is justified.

That is my opinion. We each have to make our own minds up.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigBenson View Post
    I firmly belive that you should behave on this site and others like it as you would if you were in a public place talking face to face. If you would report someone for their behavior if you were in public, they should be reported for the same behavior on the net. You may consider giving them a chance to cool down and consider their words as things can be misunderstood, if they still hold to them, then action is justified.

That is my opinion. We each have to make our own minds up.

+1