Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gralloching from a vehicle

gralloching from a vehicle

I have a Daihatsu Sportrak (side opening rear door) for stalking trips and was keen to get/make some form of rig to attach so I can do a suspended gralloch at the rear of the vehicle.

I am keen to hear/see any pictures of home made devices or hear feedback on the manufactured versions that are available in UK.

The rig needs to cater for Fallow so must be able to suspend more than 3 foot off the ground.

Thanks in advance

Napier truck click, havnt owned or used one however if your handy with steel you could knock something or for a few quid. Use the pictures off that, that's my plan!

Quote Originally Posted by trimix View Post
    I have a Daihatsu Sportrak (side opening rear door) for stalking trips and was keen to get/make some form of rig to attach so I can do a suspended gralloch at the rear of the vehicle.

I am keen to hear/see any pictures of home made devices or hear feedback on the manufactured versions that are available in UK.

The rig needs to cater for Fallow so must be able to suspend more than 3 foot off the ground.

Thanks in advance

What are you like with a welder?

I made a detachable hoist which fits over the box section bumper of my Ranger, like a mini tower crane.
    Post and Jib using a boat trailer winch with a 4mm bond.

A club member who was 18 st + hung off it so weight tested....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

If you’re not up for making something, the david Stretton hoist is brilliant, although in its collapsed state you may struggle for space in a dihatsu, depends how you have the vehicle set up with rear seats etc.... but they’re more than capable of hanging the biggest red stags the U.K. has to offer so fallow are no bother at all.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Wow Tim

That looks perfect

Thanks Deerstalker I will search for that

Wow Tim

That looks perfect
    It is a beast , but could be made far lighter and break down in smaller pieces. However working on big bits of plant over time influence's the building of many a project lol

Its first life was a jib to lift an acetylene bottle in my welding trailer when I had to swap one over.

The old style cylinder was very heavy....but nothing like twin 12's 3 stages clipped on, a rolling deck with people chucking up, you have no spit left for your mask and just want to get in lol

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

well Tim

Twin twelves with stages is where my handle originates

I always managed a good spit tho!

Thanks in advance

If You can get a roof rack for it just get a length of alloy scaffold tube and attach it to the rack, then overhang the back with a couple of feet. Attach a hook to it and use a pulley/rope system, do the gralloch then swing it into the back of you truck.

Thanks Blueroll
    Good idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEROLL View Post
    If You can get a roof rack for it just get a length of alloy scaffold tube and attach it to the rack, then overhang the back with a couple of feet. Attach a hook to it and use a pulley/rope system, do the gralloch then swing it into the back of you truck.