Thread: Rannock Roebuck Recommendation

Rannock Roebuck Recommendation

Dear All,

I am in the process of sorting next years annual fishing pilgrimage north of the border and have been considering the possibility of doing some accompanied Roebuck stalking while we're there.

Does anyone know of a good estate / guide in the Kinloch Rannock / Rannock Station area. We're staying on a very good deer estate but they only do Red stalking. They don't have much woodland.

I saw a Roebuck near the shores of Loch Rannoch when we were there last year so I guess they're there.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob

is david ranken still the stalker there , he has a buddy that has lots of roe not to far away his name is mark
    Last edited by irishgun; 26-08-2010 at 22:20.

You could try George at Camusericht estate at the top of Rannoch. Alternatively there is the Talladh'a Bheithe (pronounced Tull a vay) estate a little nearer Kinloch Rannoch. Both have roe, they may be able to sort you out.
    Good luck.
    S.

not sure weather dunalister estate have roe stalking, which is in between kinloch rannoch and tummel bridge. most of the ground around rannoch is FC, as i used to work for them there! lots of deer!! its a great place, really miss being there!!!! where is it your staying?

Robbo

i stalked dunalister ,with mark .some lovely hills we seen lots of roe . i stalked the estate by rannoch rail station .some roe there. duncan or dooan i think it was called.A lovely place the hills were nice ,but the low ground was a bog

Thanks for the replies Guys. We're planning to stay at Dunan Estate. We're mainly there for the fishing (which is great by the way). I'll see what I can find out about guided stalking on the Dunalistair Estate or on the FC land.

Thanks for all your help and for the confirmation that there are Roe in the area.

Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    Thanks for the replies Guys. We're planning to stay at Dunan Estate. We're mainly there for the fishing (which is great by the way). I'll see what I can find out about guided stalking on the Dunalistair Estate or on the FC land.

Thanks for all your help and for the confirmation that there are Roe in the area.

Cheers,

Bob

its a lovely place ,i stayed there in the cottage . i lost davids number is he still the stalker there .