Approved Witness Application Question

bryn

I hold a DSC 2 and have done for the last 2 years and would like to get further involved in Deer Stalking by becoming an Approved Witness. I note that the application asks for References/referees who..... quote....... must be;
  1. Referees must already be an Assessor, Internal Verifier or alisted DMQ Approved Witness currently active within the DMQ system.

My problem is that I know assessor and Internal verifiers who I have worked with very closely that have been involved in delivering teaching but not within "deer management qualification”who could provide references for myself. Its not that I’m Mr Sad who lives a very solitary life but the Deer Stalkers I know and associate with are not Assessors, Internal Verifiers or DMQ Approved Witnesses.
Am I reading this stipulation wrong or do I start widening my circle of stalking chums. I would appreciate your thoughts.

bryn

My reading of this is that they must be an assessor OR internal verifier OR listed with DMQ it is not asking fror DMQ specifically, i may be wrong but thats the way i read it
good luck with this
Ray

Although the NVQ assessor qualification is 'generic', it assumes a good background knowledge is the subject being assessed. It would therefore surely follow that anyone recommending you as having the required knowledge to operate as an AW, would surely need to have that knowledge themselves to be able to make that decision. I've come across this situation before and your circumstances are not uncommon. All I can suggest is that you contact a couple of local AW's and ask them if they could help or assess your suitability. The one(s) you did your DSC 2 with would surely be a good start point?
You could do a reverse DSC 2 where you act as the AW and the AW stalks the deer! The AW could then give feedback on your performance and then hopefully act as your referee. Good luck with it and maybe someone on here who is a bit closer could help you with this.
MS

Back