Thread: Gun Safe Policy

Gun Safe Policy

http://www.safeoptions.co.uk/sotn/ca....php?xDep=1191

Just thought members might be interested in this that I found on another shooting forum. Anyone contemplating using this company for a purchase could do well to take their custom elsewhere. While you're at it let them know why via their "contact us" link.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

That's extraordinary. Talk about twisted logic.

ftao of all

only read the area in pink

i read the black first and thought that makes sence and is true lol my eyes are killing me now

Definitely a stupid statement.

As a registered security company i will contact after nine and advise you what they say regarding this....

atb f.

they use their free will allowing them to do this and i'll use mine in not giving, or passing on any business to them.

Daft.....

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector

Safe Options has the view that Gun safes and Gun Cabinets add to the myth that guns of any description can be safely and securely stored in the home.
    Safe Options therefore have taken the decision not to offer them for sale.

At least they are honest.

The Stalking Directory has the view that deciding not to offer Gun Safes and Gun Cabinets for sale adds to the myth that guns of any description cannot be safely and securely stored in the home.

The Stalking Directory has therefore taken the decision not to buy any Gun Safes that are not for sale.

Account Suspended
    "Safe Options has the view that Gun safes and Gun Cabinets add to the myth that guns of any description can be safely and securely stored in the home.
    Safe Options therefore have taken the decision not to offer them for sale."

By that logic... The storage of anything "safely and securely in the home" must be a myth. Maybe they shouldn't offer any safes for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    ftao of all

only read the area in pink

i read the black first and thought that makes sence and is true lol my eyes are killing me now

Definitely a stupid statement.

As a registered security company i will contact after nine and advise you what they say regarding this....

atb f.
    Dear Frank
    Thanks for contacting us.
    Our point is that guns locked within a home are a danger - you may be so sure of yourself that no one within or outside your family can gain access to the keys - most people are far more careless.
    I respect your views. Our viewpoint has and will cost us profit. That is the price we are willing to pay.
    Regards
    Rob Phillips
    SAFE OPTIONS LIMITED
    Harbourside House

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Dear Frank
    Thanks for contacting us.
    Our point is that guns locked within a home are a danger - you may be so sure of yourself that no one within or outside your family can gain access to the keys - most people are far more careless.
    I respect your views. Our viewpoint has and will cost us profit. That is the price we are willing to pay.
    Regards
    Rob Phillips
    SAFE OPTIONS LIMITED
    Harbourside House

Dear Frank
    Not so pointless. Insurers sometimes insist on a safe to store jewellery and cash. A safe with a cash rating of £4000 upwards (to £150,000) are far more secure than any Gun safe. Gun safes are made to a price and only to comply with the minimum BS standards - to make a gun safe to a £4000 insurance standard the safe would retail at £3000-£4000. None approach the security of a £4000 cash rated safe, which really is the minimum standard for real security.
    Regards
    Rob Phillips
    SAFE OPTIONS LIMITED

They've now removed the gun safe section all together. The weight of e-mail traffic must have been quite severe. Quite a few lads on Airgun BBs also sent them snotograms.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.