poor quality swivel bipod

ksb

lesson learned, i bought a harris type bipod from ebay recently to mount on an air rifle. i know the bipod was an imitation of the harris swivel bipod and i expected to get what i paid for which was $60 from hong kong. Within five minutes of mounting on the rifle the bipod broke at the joint between the swivel barrel and the foreend mount. the best the seller will do is offer a $10 credit for more sub standard kit. in the end the decision is yours but i would warn you not to purchase one of these bipods from woofeiwing via ebay, it could put the dampers on a days hunting.

keith

lesson learned, i bought a harris type bipod from ebay recently to mount on an air rifle. i know the bipod was an imitation of the harris swivel bipod and i expected to get what i paid for which was $60 from hong kong. Within five minutes of mounting on the rifle the bipod broke at the joint between the swivel barrel and the foreend mount. the best the seller will do is offer a $10 credit for more sub standard kit. in the end the decision is yours but i would warn you not to purchase one of these bipods from woofeiwing via ebay, it could put the dampers on a days hunting.

keith
How did you pay fopr it?

it was bought via paypal but the sellers returns policy is pretty much unworkable. he gives 10 days to return a defective item to hong kong at my expense. I bought the bipod mid july but due to foot surgery i havent tried it before now. i normally dont mind paying for quality kit but given the $$$$ i have spent this year on shooting and dogs i thought i would save a few quid and but from ebay.

just dont want anyone to get caught as i did.

keith

I had a copy Harris and it let me down on a stalk with a gude in scotland, he lent me Harris from his spare rifle and that is all I use now. You cant afford to be let down if you are only getting a few stalks a year as I was back then.

Dave

I did the same, against my better judgement, I bought a copy of a Harris to go with my two real ones. As soon as I got it out of the packet I could see that the quality was rubbish, the seller took it back without question. JC

E-bay is fine. You knew it was cheap Chinese junk but risked it. We all do on occasion. I brought a Nikko Sterling scope against my better judgement and it too was crap. I also tried a Tasco illuminated as I wanted to see what the lighter reticle was like. Rubbish! was the answer as far as I know both are serving duty on air guns now.

E-bay is fine. You knew it was cheap Chinese junk but risked it. We all do on occasion. I brought a Nikko Sterling scope against my better judgement and it too was crap. I also tried a Tasco illuminated as I wanted to see what the lighter reticle was like. Rubbish! was the answer as far as I know both are serving duty on air guns now.

I agree, ebay is really no different to any other internet trader except that the seller decides how much he is willing to take and the buyer decides how much he wants to pay. Everyones a winner. I have bought and sold a few things, had some great deals and moved on some good items to people who are going to use them.

You hear of the odd horror story now and then but the same can be said for normal retail purchases.

JC

it was an unbranded exact copy of the harris 9-13 swivel, it looked 100% as i have the same genuine model from harris and the quality looked fine, i have nothing against ebay but sometimes you learn a valuable lesson.

I have a Harris copy since years, great thing only needed a bit of loctite on the screws.
The original Harris that I bought, broke at the swivel barrel before I could take the first shot.
I'm cured ...no more Harris.

edi

I recently bought a bi-pod, before I jumped in and spent my money I asked the question of which one to invest in on the forum. The reply was simple, buy the Harris, if you buy cheap, you buy twice!

I bought the Harris and haven't regretted it.

Back