Gun plug

Do you chaps tape moderators too or just unmoderated barrels. I used to tape before my rifles wore a can but now don’t use anything.

Do you chaps tape moderators too or just unmoderated barrels. I used to tape before my rifles wore a can but now don’t use anything.

Yes for tape on a mod after managing to get a twig stuck in it when crawling under a fallen tree.

yep, use a vehicle trim clip, same as the plug but has a pin in the middle that opens the fingers to fit better in the calibres and the pin makes it easier to remove. I also use a butler creek scope cap on my moderators

I use them plugs on my tracking rifle as I was given a pack, normally use tape either works well, atb wayne

yep, use a vehicle trim clip, same as the plug but has a pin in the middle that opens the fingers to fit better in the calibres and the pin makes it easier to remove. I also use a butler creek scope cap on my moderators

good idea on the BC scope cap Do you open it before firing or does the blast pop it open?

S

Can't find them for sale in the UK... 16 Euro shipping from the continent...... i'll stick to condoms or finger cots!

Butler Creek objective lens covers on all of my mods. Can usually find one that fits. I then use cohesive tape to wrap around the mod to help stop knocks and scratches. It only sticks to itself and comes off without leaving any sticky residue.
I have only forgot to open the cover once when a fox ran out in front of me and the adrenaline rush over took my common sense. Yes the cover did open but only after the bullet had passed through it! Did get the fox though.

Back