Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Measuring a possible medal

Measuring a possible medal

I have a roe skull (uncut) which is now 2 months post cleaning and I have weighed at 470 grams on a digital kitchen scales. I know the full time scale is 90 days but I would hope that weight loss will be fairly minimal in the final 30 days.

Now it is clearly marginal (pictures to follow) so what I want to know is - Is there anyone in central Scotland who does measuring who can tell me whether it is worth taking any further. It would be my first medal so am a bit new to all this!

Many thanks

Speak to Alistair Troup at bushwear,not far from you,should make a bronze poss. better depending on quality etc.I was forgetting to deduct the 90 g,so it is defo marginal,speak to alistair he will keep you right
    Last edited by Wolverine; 28-08-2010 at 17:25.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Jinga,

Details of measurers are at www.cictrophy.com

Ali Troup is your nearest; good luck,

TDW

Quote Originally Posted by Jinga View Post
    I have a roe skull (uncut) which is now 2 months post cleaning and I have weighed at 470 grams on a digital kitchen scales. I know the full time scale is 90 days but I would hope that weight loss will be fairly minimal in the final 30 days.

Now it is clearly marginal (pictures to follow) so what I want to know is - Is there anyone in central Scotland who does measuring who can tell me whether it is worth taking any further. It would be my first medal so am a bit new to all this!

Many thanks
    Hi, Jinga - bearing in mind it is only 2 months since cleaning and currently weighs 470 grams - it is doubtful it will make a medal unless all other aspects are there. Colour, antler length and spread, pearling, coronet size and nothing deducted for broken points or abnormalities. Post a picture and we can determine better if it is worth your while.

This is a shame i had one i thought maybe bronze this year, but i doubt it now , whats the minus 90 grams about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

Many thanks
    It just might make bronze as its uncut you need to deduct 90grms from the weight, take it to Alistair Troup [bushwearr]

Drumdruils Bridge of Allan not far from you he will tell you if it worth having official measured or not.

Using the non CIC Swedish `Qwik Fix Formula` it may make a Bronze.
    I would certainly give it a go as at the estimated 107.4 it is in that category.

HWH.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3232.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	2485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3231.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	2484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3230.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	2483

Pictures for a more informed response. Clearly I'm no expert and in terms of vital stats they measure 25cm long, maybe a little more. There is more pearling on the rear than the front and there is a strange anomaly near the base of one that might be visible above the makers name on the pen.

Many thanks for all the responses. Bushwear is indeed a stone's throw away!

It may not fare too well as it is very narrow and the pearling is not spectacular also it is not a pretty head.

HWH.

I know it is not all that grand but it's all part of the learning process. Just got to find space to park it, till something else appears!