Gator advice

danban

Hi all I'm looking for some strong waterproof but quiet gators. What can you advise?
Regards Dan

I've got the seeland ones. I got them second hand and have been using them beating for 2 seasons now and they look like new. Would recommend.

I’ve got the Monarch Munroe gaiters. I’ve not tried them yet as I got them for Christmas but they get quality reviews and have a good following on here.

Keep your fingers clear of the jaws, and if you have to pursue them in shallow water, wear waders or a decent pair of gaiters.

I too am using the Monarch Monro gaiters and really like them. As with any zip gaiters it is a tiny fiddle to put them on but once on they are great. Mine have only done a limited number of days so far but have been out in snow, Heather hillsides, forestry and so on and while they haven't enough use for a review first impressions are very positive.

Ah, stalking in bramble? If it's silent and strong you're after, and thornproof, then you'd best get some decent hide and make or have made a proper leather pair, not from that weak Spanish hide either...

#1 for macgaiters. 5 years old and still going strong. Just don't wear them in summer as they are a tad on the warm side.....

We have had the same John Deer gaiter for the last 12yrs and its still going strong. It's driven at least 3 hours a day (except Christmas Day and New Years Day) and we even tow other equipment with it. and it's quite

Was going to recommend Hamish's Black Islanders also, but op wanted quiet - and for using in brambles - thornproof sure, but hard to find suitable material other than robust suede leather that will be quiet in brambles?

Another vote here for the Monarch Munro gaiters,

the hook does come free of the laces more often than id like but i cant see any other way of attaching to the laces easily.

Back