Geese around Kinross

cjs66

We're off up to Kinross on Sunday for three days goose shooting. Has anyone had any experiences there this season? Good or bad, how'd it go? I travel past the area pretty regular and theres always plenty about..

cjs

We're off up to Kinross on Sunday for three days goose shooting. Has anyone had any experiences there this season? Good or bad, how'd it go? I travel past the area pretty regular and theres always plenty about..

cjs

Why not just ask who you are shooting with or have you just seen Geese and going for three days hoping to get some shooting.
By the way I'm very much into my Goose shooting and have been for 48 years :lol: :thumb:

keeperbob on here does goose shooting guiding in that area. I had a couple of stalks on roe with him a month or so ago and general chat indicated he was having a good season on the geese

Why not just ask who you are shooting with or have you just seen Geese and going for three days hoping to get some shooting.
By the way I'm very much into my Goose shooting and have been for 48 years :lol: :thumb:

No, not on the off chance at all, it's been booked for over a year. We wanted to go with this outfitter last season but he was booked solid. Guess that should be a good sign, eh..
Just wondering if anyone else had been in the area for geese..

Slider, the guide has offered stalking, amongst other things, to do between flights. I think pigeons are what we're hoping for..

cjs

No, not on the off chance at all, it's been booked for over a year. We wanted to go with this outfitter last season but he was booked solid. Guess that should be a good sign, eh..
Just wondering if anyone else had been in the area for geese..

Slider, the guide has offered stalking, amongst other things, to do between flights. I think pigeons are what we're hoping for..

cjs

If it's with Mark he will do you proud

You should get plenty of shooting. There are lots of geese that roost on Loch leven and if shooting over decoys it’s very easy to shoot far more than you can deal with. Note that wild geese cannot be sold, so think what you will do with a dozen geese if you shoot a dozen - not difficult over decoys.

Personally I only shoot geese on the foreshore.

Not sure about Kinross, but there were loads just north of Perth today, mostly feeding on grass and frosted stubble fields.

Back