Thread: Red, Roe, Fallow shooting / DSC2 Prep & witnessing in Devon & Dorset

Sika, Red, Roe, Fallow shooting / DSC2 Prep & witnessing in the South West

Folks,

We have property where the Sika, Red, Roe & Fallow are causing significant damage to both pasture and surrounding woodland understorey. Accordingly, we are offering the opportunity for hunters to join us to assist in control shooting.

Total cost 150 per day shooting (two outings Fallow / Roe cull shooting).
    Excellent food and accommodation onsite at a further 40 per day.

This includes excellent onsite food & accommodation (if required), range session to check zero & two outings - with no limit on numbers of cull fallow taken. Contact me for trophy costs if required.

You are also able to use this as a chance for DSC2 Preparation &/or witnessing as I am a DMQ ‘Approved Witness’. By preparation & briefing I am able to ensure your standards are well up to the required level prior to a witnessed outing.

Shooting is conducted from high-seats, though individual/accompanied stalking is possible within your defined beat. To be allowed to shoot unsupervised, you need to be capable of grouping within a four inch circle at 100m and able to gralloch your own animals in the field.

Estate rifles & novice instruction can be provided for those requiring same. Carcasses remain property of the estate, but may be purchased at gamedealer rates if you wish to take home some vension for the freezer.

Sample Programme:
    Friday evening, assemble & check-zero on our private range. Full brief, evening meal followed by a relaxed evening - taking advantage of the largest hunting video collection in the South West!

Saturday morning, dropped off in your high-seats before daylight, shooting until pick-up at 08:45. Breakfast, then the opportunity for local tourism, or a couple hours snooze. Back out on the ground for the mid-afternoon, shooting until dark. Pick-up and evening meal.

Sunday – repeat shooting details. You will shoot different beats / high seats on each outing. Return to larder & disperse home.

Dates (2010 - 2011 to follow, do call if you are interested in other specific dates)

10th – 12th September
    15th – 17th October
    5th – 7th November
    3rd - 5th December

If you are interested in joining us for a great break, then please get in contact with me (info@farringtonds.com) as soon as possible, as places get filled very quickly.

Rgds

Ian

Home - Farrington Deer Services
    Last edited by csl; 13-10-2010 at 07:52. Reason: requested by OP

I would be down there like a shot, if the funds would allow, any interested prospectives reading the above would do well to take advantage of this, a cracking set up, maybe I might get the readies together to blood the 45/70 in amongst the Boar Ian & Jo have knocking about sometime soon.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hah - we know the real reason is Jo's cooking!

Rgds

Ian

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hia Ian,
    How are you. Any places left ? I'm looking around at the moment for some decent opportunities. Are there any restrictions other than the fallow/roe, what are the cull targets and trophy fees ? I have my own rifle, DCS 1 and can gralloch. I could be interested in the Level 2 if you are available. Thank you
    Cheers

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I would be down there like a shot, if the funds would allow, any interested prospectives reading the above would do well to take advantage of this, a cracking set up, maybe I might get the readies together to blood the 45/70 in amongst the Boar Ian & Jo have knocking about sometime soon.

Hia Ian,
    I have sent a text to your mobile tonight could you call or text( i will call you back) me please . I've sent a couple of messages already, you must be really busy.

Cheers Mate

Ade
    HOW MANY HALF TRUTHS MAKE A STORY.....ALL OF THEM.....JUST NOT THE WHOLE STORY !