Bore tech clean

Sorry but this is simply not correct. I imagine the gunsmith wanted to sell you his stocked product!

When using Bore Tech you must use a proof positive jag and nylon brush as NigelM explained. I've seen and heard of people complaining that Bore Tech hasn't removed copper and carbon fouling simply because they haven't used the correct equipment.

I could say RTFM but I'll try and explain again a little better instead. . .

Bore Tech Eliminator is made up of a 50/50 blend of Bore Tech CU+2 Copper remover and Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover. This cleaning solution is designed to remove both copper and carbon and will do so without the need for abrasive and/or corrosive cleaning (which many other ammonia based cleaners are, abrasive and corrosive).

However, as we all know we sometimes can be a bit sloppy with our cleaning regime and fouling can build up to an extent that needs a bit more of a nudge so into play comes. . .

Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover which is a concentrated carbon remover for shifting heavier fouling without the need for anything more than a nylon brush and patches, then. . .

Bore Tech CU+2 Copper remover to remove further heavy copper fouling again with nothing more than a nylon brush and patches.

If the concentrated cleaners are initially needed, once cleaner you can revert back to the Eliminator or just a combination of CU+2 and C4 (which makes Eliminator). Apply and leave for ten minutes and patch out, re-apply and leave to work and patch out. If the barrel is still showing signs of fouling, do it again.

Yes other substance can clean rifle and shotgun bores but Bore Tech is Non-corrosive, Non-toxic and Non-abrasive all good for both rifle and user.

I have now cleaned so many rifles for people using the Bore Tech product I couldn't count anymore but most importantly I've returned them to pinpoint accuracy when the owners have thought their bore shot out!?

It might just be worth pointing out that many Sniper Teams and Special Forces now use Bore Tech as their primary cleaning agent not just in the USA but here in the UK as well and for them accuracy and the first shot counting means a lot more than to the sporting shooter!

Lol . I read the manual alright. Eliminator is a watered down Cu2+ and C4+. I use nylon brushes and dewy aluminium jagd. No false positives for me. I found it was no good for anything. C4+ gets my tick of approval for powder residue but KG1 is as good. Borepaste needs to be used every time you get a build up of carbon about 30mm in front of the chamber.

Im not going to post threads from other forums but im sure ypu can google KG12 vs boretech eliminator and Cu2+ and you'll find a few threads about home experiments that concur with my observation down the hawkeye.

Im not going to post threads from other forums but im sure ypu can google KG12 vs boretech eliminator and Cu2+ and you'll find a few threads about home experiments that concur with my observation down the hawkeye.

Thanks I'll have a look.

Back