Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PISTOL FOR HUMANE DESPATCH

PISTOL FOR HUMANE DESPATCH

I have a .38 revolver on my FAC for humane despatch, needs to have a muzzle brake and be restricted to chambering 2 rounds. Anyone know of a dealer out there who can supply one off the shelf? Preferably south of England.

3 rounds?
    think you will find most are three, you may struggle mate However I do know there are a couple of makers that do a "double barrel" affair in .410 and pistol calibres so that my well be what you are lumbered with, sorry can't be more encouraging, if I find the site I saw will post the link

I have done a bit of checking up on the subject, apparently the ACPO has taken it upon itself along with it's Home Office cronies to limit grants to 1 or 2 shot .32's and there have been several successful appeals allowing .44's maybe there could be some mileage in using European Law to argue a disparity with German law where you are required to have a pistol, my friends father has a 9mm auto he carries in his car always!!
    Wouldn't that be one in the eye for the anti's and all the other low lifes, if someone in a position of authority was to do this then what argument could be fielded to refuse such a grant... interesting moot point?

Hi mole

If you care to venture over to Jersey you can stiil use pistols
    there is a fairly strong second hand market for revolvers try newton and newton in St Hellier i dont know how much import would be be but i do know some one who bought a revolver and had all but 2 chambers drilled and blanked
    hope
    this helps
    joe

i also believe you can do the same in the isle of man

Thanks for all so far. I really can't believe that there are no UK suppliers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole
    Thanks for all so far. I really can't believe that there are no UK suppliers?
    they are a dying breed , normaly only vets seem to hav the need for a .38 and not many want them going for an injection instead or a captive bolt system as is the slaughterman , and not many stalkers are able to get one so their is a limited market by the looks
    not that is any help to you
    give me a day or two and pm me , i shall make a few calls not sure what help i will be ,
    soon find out though

What ever you do dont let legal have it, he'll only jam it apologies mate couldnt resist.

Quote Originally Posted by alled12
    What ever you do dont let legal have it, he'll only jam it apologies mate couldnt resist.
    I heard he could find jam in a marmite jar

i know of a good mate of mine who sells them he lives in in the north east he can get most cal's and there done only to take 2 rounds. mine well