Hunting to survive

Local Native Americans in my area used to stampede buffalo herds off of cliffs. It sucks being at the bottom of the food chain.~Muir

Hard to watch for sure, but not intrinsically 'wrong' I guess.

I'm going to move it to the videos section for now but don't take it personally if we end up having to remove it. It's not really stalking related and is probably not many people's cup of tea. I'll go by how it's received....

Alex

hi,

think this proves the point from the thread earlier this week where some agreed spears where humane...
eh there is 10000 there chucking them. Not one looked humane to me.
surely if you could afford the camera to video it you could afford a gun to shoot it......

atb f

hi,

think this proves the point from the thread earlier this week where some agreed spears where humane...
surely if you could afford the camera to video it you could afford a gun to shoot it......

atb f
Do you think it's the big chief filming then or could it possibly be a film crew?
Can't say I enjoyed that, at least no shots were taken with the animals laying down

hi,

atb f

What does it prove exactly? It proves how man caught food before the luxury of guns and telling everyone how humane they are.
Means to an end and I don't think they are doing it for sport, unlike yourself. Humane is a frame of mind.

What does it prove exactly? It proves how man caught food before the luxury of guns and telling everyone how humane they are.
Means to an end and I don't think they are doing it for sport, unlike yourself. Humane is a frame of mind.

proves spears are not a humane way of dispatching a wild animal, thought my post mate that clear.
i dont think they are there for the meat mate but thats my take.... yours may differ and thats fine.
humane is not a frame of mind it is the enivitable outcome of civilisation....

proves spears are not a humane way of dispatching a wild animal, thought my post mate that clear.
i dont think they are there for the meat mate but thats my take.... yours may differ and thats fine.
humane is not a frame of mind it is the enivitable outcome of civilisation....

Civilisation in reality is being ignorant to how meat is brought to the table and then in seeing the reality want it to be stopped/banned.
When they are arguing over the small deer I am sure they are after the trophy for their wall rather than the meat....
As quoted before you are a wind up merchant and have to express your weird anti opinions on every thread.

Civilisation in reality is being ignorant to how meat is brought to the table and then in seeing the reality want it to be stopped/banned.
When they are arguing over the small deer I am sure they are after the trophy for their wall rather than the meat....
As quoted before you are a wind up merchant and have to express your weird anti opinions on every thread.

tut tut,

shame you see it that way, not sure how but heh thats your choice.
But as your so mater of fact about what you say you obviously have fallen from your mates wagon also.
Civilisation is not in reality being ignorant to anything, in fact if you think that may be its you that was/is ignorant to the facts.

i will use an example for you,

7 years ago approx 60 calves are shoved into a trailer everyday and carted off to France in appalling conditions, when we the public where made aware of the facts and knew the animals travelled for over 30 hours in a over heated lorry on top of their dead/dying siblings without water and feed, we changed the laws regarding it.

i do call this ignorance of how meat is brought to the table nothing more but we in a civilised world changed that and brought that particular method of transport into the twentieth century.....
therefore proving my point that through the inevitable outcome of civilisation comes humane compassion....

my comments did not wind up anyone except you, whom again had to have a smart remark like your chum,
as for my weird anti opinions what a load of..
i do my sport of shooting game of all kinds in as humane a fashion as i see fit and adhere to the laws set in this country and in some cases a higher self imposed standard.
what you do and how you do it is your choice mate. I fear we dont, as they say, sing from the same hymn sheet.

as told to your chum atb and no wind up meant.

f.

Last edited:
being a stalking site i cant see why this hasnt been removed like the pup in the river thread . after all young people can gain access to this video clip aswell, if you got an interest in this there must be other sites you can visit .

tut tut,

shame you see it that way, not sure how but heh thats your choice.
But as your so mater of fact about what you say you obviously have fallen from your mates wagon also.
Civilisation is not in reality being ignorant to anything, in fact if you think that may be its you that was/is ignorant to the facts.

i will use an example for you,

7 years ago approx 60 calves are shoved into a trailer everyday and carted off to France in appalling conditions, when we the public where made aware of the facts and knew the animals travelled for over 30 hours in a over heated lorry on top of their dead/dying siblings without water and feed, we changed the laws regarding it.

i do call this ignorance of how meat is brought to the table nothing more but we in a civilised world changed that and brought that particular method of transport into the twentieth century.....
therefore proving my point that through the inevitable outcome of civilisation comes humane compassion....

my comments did not wind up anyone except you, whom again had to have a smart remark like your chum,
as for my weird anti opinions what a load of..
i do my sport of shooting game of all kinds in as humane a fashion as i see fit and adhere to the laws set in this country and in some cases a higher self imposed standard.
what you do and how you do it is your choice mate. I fear we dont, as they say, sing from the same hymn sheet.

as told to your chum atb and no wind up meant.

f.

The reason that they were being moved about is because of market forces which is a part of Civilisation. So called 'civilised' people also campaign for banning fieldsports, at the same time eat the meat from the market which has been transported across counties to be slaughtered which causes stress to the animals because civilised people say that you cannot kill animals in situ which happened years before.
I don't see your example as a show of civilisation, if people knew how meat got to the table they would campaign to get it stopped, because they are so far removed from nature and the way that it works.
People years ago used to keep chickens in their gardens and kill them for the table, if you do this now you are seen as cruel and a potential serial killer.
The fact is hunting is the norm, buying from supermarkets is not the norm. Humans have found their own food for a longer time than they have bought it.
From your posts we can make out that you consider yourself a higher level of human.

From your posts we can make out that you consider yourself a higher level of human.

i dont think having standards is placing me on a higher level nor does it mean i dont understand where everything comes from.
from your post i assume you are aware of instances where animals are still been treated inhumanely whilst en route to the food chain.
i from my experience be it first and second hand would have to disagree with that some what.
meat as we know it is as reasonably as can be expected, reared and looked after better than it has been for decades.

my neighbour has chickens today and i eat his eggs so thats still in practice.

we sir will have to agree to disagree and thank you for an enjoyable few posts,

wish you the best and thanks

frank.

Even as a hunter very hard video to watch i would imagine the likes of such videos all fuel animal rights activist if people do wont to film the such to post them on the likes of You tube not realy wise,
but again to that end not all are lucky enough to have a 24/7 down the road and i guess its a mean to a end so to speak not sure what the final aim is mind if food related im sure much more meat damage then using a .357 or the likes
being hit by god knows how many spears im guessing alot of meat damage and bruising but will admit them spears look razor sharpe
scotty

Back