Zeissman

Does anyone have any good ideas for a scope with the following attributes:

30mm or 1" tube
48mm - 56mm objective
Minimum zoom power no higher than 4x
Maximum zoom power no lower than 14x
Dialable turrets which aren't two inches long
No ASV or BDC only options - MOA or MilRad only
Simple illuminated reticle (e.g. No. 4 or very simple mil-dot)
Minimum elevation adjustment of 70MOA
Under £1k new

Any ideas gratefully received! So far, the Zeiss Conquest V6's are the only ones that come close but sadly for an extra £300.

All best,

Z.

Have a look at the latest Delta's I think should fit the bill. Excellent optics on par with the top end Zeiss.

D

Just over your minimum magnification: Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50. Uttings have them in stock for around £750 with a standard duplex reticle.
I have three Leupold scopes & all have been faultless.

Burris MSR with MOA and turrets to match various cartridges 4.5-14x42 AO.
Burris Wind Map, same as above. They have a G2 reticle with Mil turrets

Burris XTR, more expensive level.

Vortex Diamondback Tactical, with exposed turrets, G2 reticle, 70 MOA of windage and elevation, side parallax, various power ranges - under $300 USD discount prices.

Last edited:
have a look at the Delta Optics 2.5-15x56 HD IR, superb scopes and really tough to beat even with the big european brands. Ive got a 2.5-10 and very, very pleased, despite being a confirmed Meopta devotee. Their target range has adjustable turrets.
An alternative may be the Meopta meostar R2 2.5-15x56? a shade over your price (£1200 ish) but if you are flexible with going to a 3-12 mag, you'll find one for under a grand. fantastic scopes imo and dialable turrets an option

Have a look at the latest Delta's I think should fit the bill. Excellent optics on par with the top end Zeiss.

D

Delta Titanium HD 2.5-15x56

Covered turrets but you can uncap and dial easily. Glass is superb (I sold my Zeiss after buying one) and change from £750

Delta Titanium HD and save yourself bags of cash. Or Sightron STAC or S3

I personally would go Delta. Better glass, awesome tracking, brilliant glass, 10 yr warranty and weighs about the same as a S&B 8x56 in 56mm flavour. Stupid bargain really. Less than £700. There was/is one on here for £500ish new. Not sure if it still available but buying that would be tantamount to daylight robbery.

If you can live without illumination and can accommodate a 34mm tube,then the Bushnell DMR at under £850, is great value. I have a set of 34mm Third Eye rings you can have.

Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56, MOA ret, capped turrets, excellent day scope and one of the best with add on NV (Ward) just in case you want to do foxing in the future.

Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56, MOA ret, capped turrets, excellent day scope and one of the best with add on NV (Ward) just in case you want to do foxing in the future.

I’ll second all of that - plus it has an illuminated MOA reticle.

I’m normally a dyed in the wool Swarovski user, but after purchasing the Sightron S-Tac for primary use with NV (Ward 800) I’m more than pleasantly surprised with it’s standalone performance in day use.

I would join others in saying the Delta Titanium BUT there's a new kid on the block which I think is better now. The Steiner Ranger 4-16 x 56. I tried one recently and at under £1000 (£800 to £850) it's without a shadow of a doubt the best mid priced scope I've ever tried. How they've done it for the money is beyond me. Top drawer glass, ret and turrets. This I think is set to be a real winner. Made in Germany. http://www.steiner.de/en/riflescopes/ranger-4-16x56

+1 for the Steiner scope. I have one on my .243 and it is excellent. I also have the Steiner Ranger xtreme 8x42 bino's that are excellent as well.
DD

Last edited:
Back