Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free range lamb prices

Free range lamb prices

Quick question guys is 5.50/kg for whole or half a lamb butchered a decent price? Someone I know has reared some and that's the price he's after.

The one I can have is 33kg whole and I have the chance to butcher it myself but the price is the same. Never done a lamb before so am interested in trying but not sure if it's decent value or not?

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

That's a big lamb dead weight, but if you look at it this way that two pound a kilo live weight is a good price.
    Taking into account killing and cutting charges that's a fear price

Seems a bit on the high side to me stratts.

I supply to a local farm shop and charge them 4.50/KG for the carcass in the whole. Id try and knock your man down to 5/KG not butchered.
    Friends/Family get half lamb butchered and boxed for 65, normally about 15KG

Im not doing it to get rich so i may be underpriced, but from market values i think I'm about right for this neck of the woods.

ATB, Dave

Im getting whole free range lamb for 120 butchered. In fact I’ve got 2 spare in the freezer!

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Thanks guys, Lee what sort of weight are the ones you got for 120 if you know?

Ta
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Thanks guys, Lee what sort of weight are the ones you got for 120 if you know?

Ta
    i can get you a frozen weight later on if you would like?

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Don't know the exact weight but o bought a good size lamb for 120 just a week ago. Lots of meat on it.

[QUOTE=stratts;1337459]Quick question guys is 5.50/kg for whole or half a lamb butchered a decent price? Someone I know has reared some and that's the price he's after.

The one I can have is 33kg whole and I have the chance to butcher it myself but the price is the same. Never done a lamb before so am interested in trying but not sure if it's decent value or not?

All sounds pricy to me when there is free range venison running about in your area Stratts. Lamb will do your cholesterol no good, eat venison and Rabbit it's better for you.

Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

And who can argue with that...

4 / kg deadweight + 15 for slaughter and butchery.
    So, for example, a 40kg LW lamb would probably give an 18kg carcass, so that would be 87 butchered. Retail price would be higher, but what I'm talking about is farm gate sales of whole lamb, not just the best cuts.
    (NB, an 18 kg deadweight carcass does not equal 18kg in your freezer, because you'll lose quite a bit in trim etc during butchering).

Liveweight value is about 1.70 / kg at the moment.
    Last edited by VSS; 19-01-2018 at 18:38.