Thread: membership: BDS or BASC?

membership: BDS or BASC?

Which is better to join the BDS or the BASC? Opinions gratefully recieved before i spend my hard earned cash.

Niether join the NGO as a support member they now have a "deer" arm also.

Whas the benefit to that over the BDS or BASC? Do they come with insurance included in the membership?

andibrains,

this is a good subject and is well documented before, for the best info use the search window on the top right to see previous posts.
    saves you waiting for the info you need.
    all those mentioned by you and the one by YRS have comprehensive websites listing their types of cover and what they offer.

atb f

Whats the best shooting INSURANCE? What do you have and why?

Countryside alliance has done more for country sports than anybody else.
    A Friend of mine was in the NGO while on the shoot he run the farm dog over.Vet bill was 1,500 he had to claim off his car insurance.
    The NGO said he was not covered. Have a good look at policy's before you buy.
    I spoke to BASC about this claim, They would have had no problem in paying the vet bills.
    I hope you never have to make a claim.
    But be covered just in-case.

Miffy

Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    Which is better to join the BDS or the BASC? Opinions gratefully recieved before i spend my hard earned cash.
    Better for what?. Both offer insurance included in membership subscriptions and are similar in cover.
    BDS is purely deer ralated and as this is a stalking forum I assume you are a "deer man". BASC represents all shooting sports and is something quite different. BDS magazine high quality and interesting, BASC 90% not.
    BDS for me.
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiehallion View Post
    Better for what?. Both offer insurance included in membership subscriptions and are similar in cover.
    BDS is purely deer ralated and as this is a stalking forum I assume you are a "deer man". BASC represents all shooting sports and is something quite different. BDS magazine high quality and interesting, BASC 90% not.
    BDS for me.
    S.

BDS no longer have insurance included in membership, think its an additional 21 now the good thing about it is that it gives you limited cover for taking out clients but only earning up to 2,500 per annum from stalking I think it is OK if you just let a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    I was a member of both for many years but because of devious and dirty tricks by certain prominent Northern BDS members I am only in BASC now.[It was WAGBI when I joined.]

HWH.

I would go with basc!

WHen i lived in england i always moaned about basc! but since living in canada i realise how much they actually did to help us shooters!
    they represent us in political issues and fight for our rites!
    I will rejoin as soon as i return to england.
    I wish all the shooting organisations in the uk amalgamated giving more strengh to the organisation!