Thread: Rifle slip query

Rifle slip query

I'm looking for a good weather-proof rifle slip for the open hill where I could be carrying for a good while in difficult terrain. Any recommendations?.
    I was thinking of this one,maybe the secure version which could be handy...

Napier Protector 1 Stalker Rifle Slip at Uttings.co.uk

Thanks,

fraser

blackhawk sniper drag bag eagle industries sniper drag bag or ederlystalk tactical .. i have the blackhawk sniper drag bag and the eberly.

Buy a made to measure canvas slip with leather patches for scope and bi-pod .Check out QGL Ltd send them an outline of your rifle and they will make one to your speck for about 120.Fantastic quality waterproof and comfortable to carry,crawl with.I use the nigloh double sling with mine and wouldnt use anything else highly recommend .
    I have no conection with the company but this is the best purchase Ive made in years

Quote Originally Posted by mullbiker View Post
    Buy a made to measure canvas slip with leather patches for scope and bi-pod .Check out QGL Ltd send them an outline of your rifle and they will make one to your speck for about 120.Fantastic quality waterproof and comfortable to carry,crawl with.I use the nigloh double sling with mine and wouldnt use anything else highly recommend .
    I have no conection with the company but this is the best purchase Ive made in years
    I don't know about this company but I like the sound of the product. I was going to recommend Brady, top quality items that will last (Outlast!) a lifetime. Make sure if you go for these canvas and leather slips that you try the rifle in it as big scopes, bipods and moderators can cause problems (maybe another reason to go for the tailor made version?). These modern 'sniper' type bags are all very guchi but they are very bulkly and a bit of a handful in a l/rover cab, softtrack or argo. JC

I bought one of these; http://www.rifle-cases.co.uk/Rifle-C...ional-Drag-Bag although they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

It has less pockets etc. than the drag bags but is still well padded, but you can still unzip it to lie on when it's wet!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

QGL Ltd make a gun slip as good as any brady. I bought my first one over 30 years ago. I now have 3. I sent my first one back after 30+ years of hard use for repair and a very nice job they made of it.
    I have just recieved a viscount game bag from them and it is very good quality.
    If you get a rifle slip made by them get the carrying strap put on the side of the slip and not on the edge. It much more comfortable to carry the rifle with the strap there.

Ohhh thank you very much I knew I needed a better slip for stalking and now I know where to get one. Before I was blissfully unaware so safe. Now I will have to start saving to get one in the new year .