Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blank outings

blank outings

Well got back from a few High seat ambush,type stalking,
    I am now on 12 outings without a shot.
    I have seen deer,all the wrong sort/sex.
    Can anyone beat this,whats the longest youve been,without,taking a deer.

tony,

thats a long streak mate, is it 12 from the seat or is some of it stalking also.
    really unlucky mate especially if your getting to see other deer....

keep trying mate

atb f.

Dont worry it will all come right in the end,why dont you try walking/stalking you will see all sorts of things also very good practice,

Thats 12 sessions from the seat.
    We are not allowed to stalk on the ground,

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Thats 12 sessions from the seat.
    We are not allowed to stalk on the ground,
    i would be asking why not mate... seems strange

f.

Me to 12 sesions and no shot ?? a lot of money spent here,have you asked why no stalking. ??

I remeber a chap bought a new knife from the local gun shop and as a joke the shop owner said leave that knife there untill you shoot your first good buck and i will get it inscribed for you that knife lay there for over a year and the chap was out once a week every week. For me a bad streak is were some woman forgets to take her knickers off If i go more than three with out a shot i start to get upset with my self.

Hang on guys its more to do with my luck or lack of it.My old man told me when he was alive,that our luck,was mostly bad,or at least we would have to work harder for the same results as most folks.I told the misses this 27 years ago when we got wed,she now believes me,,

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Hang on guys its more to do with my luck or lack of it.My old man told me when he was alive,that our luck,was mostly bad,or at least we would have to work harder for the same results as most folks.I told the misses this 27 years ago when we got wed,she now believes me,,
    dont put yourself down mate after 12 attempts even bad luck has a chance of coming good

Tony not what I wold call a blank outing your seeing deer all be it out of season , there is nothing stopping you using the Does to hone your stalking skills by stalking into them as a dry stalk sitting back and watching there reaction to you breaking a twig or chambering a round whatever , all good practice for the main event ,it also let's you see what Does ,kids you have on your ground and at what time and place your seeing them all good info for the incoming Doe season.

If you find a buck along the way all the better ,most grounds become quite after the rut no doubt your will be no different from the rest

Every day is a school day