Wanted: land premission

Wheels

Hi, I am trying to get back into shooting over land, having done it as a young chap. I know land is hard to get, but thought I would give it a go.
I am looking for land permission around Cheshire, Merseyside, north wales gr Manchester for both myself and a mate.
we are both members of BASC. have 22lr, 223 and shotguns. willing to shoot any vermin/pests.
thanks for viewing this post.

Without trying to sound negative and bombastic 3 posts into a new forum and asking for ground I’d say you’ve more chance of a win on the lottery! My advice would be to hang around for a yr or so and contribute make contacts even friends buy a stalk here and there your more likely to be in a position then this is advice to any new SD member I’d say 90% of members would like a new bit to stroll over
kind regards
Norma

Without trying to sound negative and bombastic 3 posts into a new forum and asking for ground I’d say you’ve more chance of a win on the lottery! My advice would be to hang around for a yr or so and contribute make contacts even friends buy a stalk here and there your more likely to be in a position then this is advice to any new SD member I’d say 90% of members would like a new bit to stroll over
kind regards
Norma

Well said that man !

norma thank you for your advice, just to let you know, I only have been using this account for two years, but have had another account for over four years, but had trouble accessing it. I have had several paid stalks though this website, but I only contribute when I feel as though I have something to say which is relevant to the topic

Getting known and being known as a reliable, honest chap is the only real way forward. The most likely way in is to become involved with local shoots. A feller who helps a gamekeeper and beats and who is reliable as regards turning up on shoot days soon makes contacts, many of whom will be landowners.

Asking on a forum where all the vast majority will know about you is your username and maybe where you are is really unlikely to produce the goods. Look at it this way, if you owned a farm and someone completely unknown to you asked if they could wander around your land with firearms, what would be your reaction?

Getting known and being known as a reliable, honest chap is the only real way forward. The most likely way in is to become involved with local shoots. A feller who helps a gamekeeper and beats and who is reliable as regards turning up on shoot days soon makes contacts, many of whom will be landowners.

Asking on a forum where all the vast majority will know about you is your username and maybe where you are is really unlikely to produce the goods. Look at it this way, if you owned a farm and someone completely unknown to you asked if they could wander around your land with firearms, what would be your reaction?
You got it in one :old: The only thing you for nothing are goodbyes and thank you:old:

Back