Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dispatching

  1. #1
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,830
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

    Dispatching

    Hi Guys

    not so much as an article but more of a safety/legal question.

    I was asked this question, and the fact is i have never Dispatched a deer on the road side and possibly never will,

    Q, can you as certificate holder (open ticket) dispatch an injured deer on the road side if you where the one who came across it rather than being contacted by the police etc.

    this was asked of me when at a mates house this afternoon having a cup of tea with him and his brother in law,

    I had to say sorry i do not know, but i would personally contact the police and await for there instructions etc.

    bob

  2. #2
    Yes in fact in scotland you dont need to have any certificates just pick up a brick and end suffering or anything else that comes to hand .

  3. #3
    look up HSA................the humane slaughter Authority ( think thats the name) they do a booklet to to you all about this subject, covers livestock etc etc.

  4. #4
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,830
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    look up HSA................the humane slaughter Authority ( think thats the name) they do a booklet to to you all about this subject, covers livestock etc etc.
    thank you

    bob.

  5. #5
    Without police autority would you not potentialy be in trouble for discharging a fire arm in a public place and withing 30foot of the centre of a public high way?

    Dave

  6. #6
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,830
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    Without police autority would you not potentialy be in trouble for discharging a fire arm in a public place and withing 30foot of the centre of a public high way?

    Dave

    Hi Dave

    I will have a look into this the question has got the wood burning.

    bob.

  7. #7
    Guys,

    1. If you find an injured deer and there are no witnesses..........

    2. You find an injured deer and there are witnesses, then "yes Sir, no Sir, don't upset anyone Sir".

    3. Insert Madam when Sir doesn't apply

    4. Despite what we feel and profess about deer management it really is not going to help the individual if they are "outside" the local practice.

    Stan

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Hi Guys

    not so much as an article but more of a safety/legal question.

    I was asked this question, and the fact is i have never Dispatched a deer on the road side and possibly never will,

    Q, can you as certificate holder (open ticket) dispatch an injured deer on the road side if you where the one who came across it rather than being contacted by the police etc.

    this was asked of me when at a mates house this afternoon having a cup of tea with him and his brother in law,

    I had to say sorry i do not know, but i would personally contact the police and await for there instructions etc.

    bob

    Hi Bob, in Wiltshire and Hampshire, both have humane distpacht teams who are stalkers and gamekeepers who are on the police team and are coverd by the police insurance and also have there own RTA insurance, in answer to your question you can not legaly dispatch it your self if you happen apone it, if you where on the rta team you would still have to phone the police and let them know and get an incident number, then you would be coverd to use any mean's you think safe and proper be it shotgun/rifle or even a knife.

    Tony

  9. #9
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,830
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Hi Bob, in Wiltshire and Hampshire, both have humane distpacht teams who are stalkers and gamekeepers who are on the police team and are coverd by the police insurance and also have there own RTA insurance, in answer to your question you can not legaly dispatch it your self if you happen apone it, if you where on the rta team you would still have to phone the police and let them know and get an incident number, then you would be coverd to use any mean's you think safe and proper be it shotgun/rifle or even a knife.

    Tony
    Thank you Tony, being one of my mentors, i should have called you first , having read this i will put this to my mate in Andover and see what he says,i think this is what he needs to here etc.

    very kind of you to answer, and sorry about not being up for foxing tonight but the colonel in chief has a night out tonight, so i will be loading the new 32 gr heads for the .20 tac, could be up for Friday and the 20tac will be ready to fly so you can have a crack with it.

    bob.

Similar Threads

  1. Dispatching an injured deer at night
    By Cyres in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-10-2009, 20:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •