P/Hale floor plate

John Gryphon

I have purchased the above and it has a shiny aluminium magazine floor plate. I want to colour it some how any advice rather than paint it or tape it over.

Is there a way of baking a colour onto it or even simply blackening the metal.

Birchwood-Casey company in the US makes "Aluminum Black" which will blacken aluminum. I would use (gasp!) a good quality enamel spray paint. Pretty durable and easily repairable. The option is to find a small, one off anodizing company and pay them to do it.~Muir

Don't know if you could use Black Plasticote (really hard wearing) if done right.
Just a thaught !

ABT. Uncle Buck.

Don't know if you could use Black Plasticote (really hard wearing) if done right.
Just a thaught !

ABT. Uncle Buck.
+1 on plastikote available at B+Q in the UK,i done my Remington 11-87 Sp in this stuff,its as good as if not better than duracoat! but way less than half the price!! my Friend had a wood/blued 11-87 and ordered a plastic stock/for end of Remington,then had it duracoated in rem black to look like mine!(his wood for end had cracked anyway!!) mine was plastic/parkerized and looking rather yous-ed and abused,so not wanting to spend alot i came across plastikote super enamel and thought ile give it a go! two years later and they both look as good,you cant tell them apart! in fact we have the same bags/slings,that 6 months ago while on clays i opened a slip pulled out the rem and started shooting,at the end he said can i have my gun back now!!!:oops:good stuff!!

Good option if you are using high temp engine paint is to bake it on in the oven.

Put the floor plate in for 5 minutes to heat, spray it and return until dry or melted.

Back