New Game Dealer in the Area

Mannlicher_Stu

Reading BASCs mag this month I notice that we have a new Gamedealer in the Penrith Area that could be handy for those lads on the way back down the Motorway with a shed full of venison that needs cooling quick.
Says they will collect as well at fixed meeting points Trading as Deliciously Wild
Email addy chris@deliciouslywild.co.uk further info.

I have emailed him but they havent responded as yet so will let you know what prices hes offering, Note all venison has to be tagged with your Reg No DSC1 or Lantra equiv.
Regards
Stu

Last edited:
I tried to send an E.Mail asking for details but message was refused `due to errors.` [Whose I do not know.]

HWH.

Try it again The C in the name Chris sould have been in lower case as in chris@deliciouslywild.co.uk

Just had a lengthy conversation with the guy and hes giving £1 a LB and he will pick it up at that 75mile radious of his place so I am just in his catchment area:D
Now if hes paying £1 lb and picking up Thats not a bad deal Hubert, as you know what kills it is the transport cost getting the stuff to them which in my view makes it non viable unless you have dabbed a shed full and need to move them quick
Hes doing all meat game but not Pheasant or partridge but includes porky and rabbite
he might do grouse though

Last edited:
Tracked him down. He is going to be at Scarfoot Farm, between Plumpton and Lazonby and should be operational at the end of September. That farm was where Saddleback Foods used to be previously.

HWH.

Go on Hubert after speaking to you I will let you put up directions you know the area better than me other lads might want to pile stuff in.:D

we used to shoot scarfoot, a grand place it was to, until this guy showed up and said he wanted everything for himself,we could still go on and control the deer and rabbits etc as long as he got everything we shot, didn't really appeal supplying his game dealers/shop for nowt, what with the price of diesel and ammo etc.
this has been going to happen for the last 3-4 years that I know of, I think its the farmer / land owners brother, not sure though.

Its all that Arran rain thats washed some Yorkshire out of you!:D

With me being a Derbyshire lad and spent most of my time in Lancashire Neil tightness dosent become an easy virtue I have been working on it as others will verify.
Its True though that a Yorkshireman is nowt but a Scotsman but with one pocket sewn up whereas a Scotsmans geet them both sewn up:D

Go on Hubert after speaking to you I will let you put up directions you know the area better than me other lads might want to pile stuff in.:D

From Junction 41 on the M6 take the road to Penrith until you come to the old A6 Stoneybeck roundabout.[The white Stoneybeck pub is to the left of the roundabout but on the right-hand side of the road.]
Proceed along the A6 towards Carlisle for a couple of miles or so until you arrive at Plumpton village and at the 4 crossroads turn right onto the Lazonby road.
The farm is a few miles along the road on the left before you reach Lazonby.
The guys mobile No. is 07748303025.
He told me £1 per pound with head and legs off for Reds or Roe.

HWH.

Hello everyone,

Chris is a personal friend of mine who I stalk with. When I shoot up that way I sell all my carcasses to Chris, he pays by cheque, £1.00 a 1Lb (quickly). He will be up and fully running as MS stated , fingers crossed, and he will collect within that radius stated.

Happyhunt, the guy you mention in your post is not Chris or anyone associated to him or the business, I have just spoken to Chris and he has just informed me of this.

If any member who is in the local area or passing that way are wanting to sell carcasses to Chris and want his contact details plase do not hesitate to PM me for his details.

Even better, Chris join the site and let folk know what you are all about, without advertising of course!!

Hope this helps.

P.S. I must add that I am no way connected to this business apart from knowing Chris as a stalking friend.

For further clarification the new chap is called Chris Snelgar and the owner of Scarfoot Farm and the adjacent Scratchmere Scar Farm is B. Atkinson.
Mr Atkinson previously had Saddleback Foods.

With regard to payment, cash or cheque upon drop or collection is more satisfactory than a payment `quickly` which implies that you will get it sometime.
Having dealt with gamedealers for nearly 50 years I have some experience of this. One of the last I dealt with sometimes used to send a cheque which was not signed !!!
Anyway I wish him luck with the new venture.

HWH.

For further clarification the new chap is called Chris Snelgar and the owner of Scarfoot Farm and the adjacent Scratchmere Scar Farm is B. Atkinson.
Mr Atkinson previously had Saddleback Foods.

With regard to payment, cash or cheque upon drop or collection is more satisfactory than a payment `quickly` which implies that you will get it sometime.
Having dealt with gamedealers for nearly 50 years I have some experience of this. One of the last I dealt with sometimes used to send a cheque which was not signed !!!
Anyway I wish him luck with the new venture.

HWH.

I think I have dealt with that chap as well Hubert but only once:D

ok steyr 308, thanks for clearing that up,its still the same farm, but must be different people now, as said it was 3-4 years ago
wish him the best of luck with the venture.

Give them F---k ALL that is the problem if we gave them f---all the price would go up i was geting the same price 20 years ago for veneison thats what all stalkers should do i understand the big eastats have to but the wee man should them up for the dog and ferretts before i would give a game dealer RIP OFF TOSSERS thats my wee bit hey.

why would you sell something to someone for £1.50 a pound or less when you know he sells it at £6/7 a pound.
thats like selling a merc for the price of a mini..

not for me

i bag it tag it and give it away free.

f.

friends and family only forgot to say...

When you install your cctv equipment do you do it at cost? or do you put a bit on to make a living?
why would you sell something to someone for £1.50 a pound or less when you know he sells it at £6/7 a pound.
thats like selling a merc for the price of a mini..

not for me

i bag it tag it and give it away free.

f.

friends and family only forgot to say...

When you install your cctv equipment do you do it at cost? or do you put a bit on to make a living?

good point,

to strangers i make a profit, to friend i do it for what it costs.

Btw, fitting installing a CCTV system is not as easy as cutting up a deer and selling it.
it does take some skill a long days work pulling in cables etc minimum 7/8 hours.
also for what costs me £700 for material i will install for £900.
in the same maths £700 would equate to £4200 at game dealer rates.

I do see where your coming from but there's a fair rate and then there is legalised robbery.

f.

I was getting £1 lb 30 years ago as well and I can see where you are coming from it greaves me only getting such a miniscule sum, And I do give loads of venison away to family and friends, but even they are refusing it and getting fed up with the stuff, I sometimes do deals with the Local Butcher in exchange for lamb etc , I am getting to the stage venisons coming out of my ears,and at the moment I cant get the lid down on my freezer, so what else can you do with it.

If I had the facilities I would sell it myself but I havent, so at least if i sell it to a game dealer it helps offset the expenses it cost of my lease and fuel etc , Not all by any means, but if I go up for a weeks Stalking,and if i dab 8 or 9 beast during the week I need to get them picked up quick, they certainly wont wait till I get back home, even in winter months, So you tell me what else can be done with them;)
Regards
Stu

Last edited:
Back