Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange encounter

Cool Strange encounter

Driving up to do a bit of stalking yesterday and had to stop to let a Turkey cross the road!
    Nowhere near any buildings.
    Whatever next?

He's not daft making his escape early not long till crimbo now.

A local shoot near me has been releasing black turkeys on his shoots as well as pheasant and partridge. I nearly ran one over too!
    I'm not sure what they fly like but reckon they'd have a bit more meat than a partridge.

A friend of mine was standing in his kitchen washing dishes when an ostrich walked across his paddock. Do you know it is possible to get a 243 out of a gun cabinet load it and shoot before an ostrich walks 50 yards. And they taste very nice. Keith
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    A local shoot near me has been releasing black turkeys on his shoots as well as pheasant and partridge. I nearly ran one over too!
    I'm not sure what they fly like but reckon they'd have a bit more meat than a partridge.
    Spankey, I bet he wouldn't taste as good as a partridge!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

They fly like rubbish unless you have a mountain to launch them off and then when they do fly you havent got any cartridges in your gun. Ask Adamant

John.

hi
    are they wild turkeys hes releasing or domestic turkeys ??

their meant to be a real chalange to shoot! if there wild turkeys!!

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    They fly like rubbish unless you have a mountain to launch them off and then when they do fly you havent got any cartridges in your gun. Ask Adamant

John.
    Once they're off the ground, they look like a Blenheim bomber coming out of the cover - and in my defence, I had just shot a rather good high crossing pheasant, which is such a rarity that in my excitement, I forgot to reload ...

Anyway, I've gone off shooting turkeys since being introduced to long-range Ostrich hunting in Africa last month

A.

Ha ha, when I first started stalking on the shoot I beat for I was out one morning when a huge thing flew/glided past my head. I damn near soiled myself, it came from nowhere and just missed me. It was a peacock, which, up until then I had always presumed (no, I don't know why) were flightless.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Ha ha, when I first started stalking on the shoot I beat for I was out one morning when a huge thing flew/glided past my head. I damn near soiled myself, it came from nowhere and just missed me. It was a peacock, which, up until then I had always presumed (no, I don't know why) were flightless.
    I heard that there eggs was a funny shape and colour