Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has SD run its course?

Has SD run its course?

Has Stalking Directory run its course?

I have been a member for nigh on a year now and am seeing the same questions and threads making a re-appearance.

Either newcomers are lazy and don't search the archive before they post, or the search engine doesn't work the way people's heads do and so we get repeats of the same-old-same-old because newcomers don't find easily the answer to the question they wish to ask.

I have much enjoyed the fellowship of SD. Like so much in life the value is proportional to what one puts in - and I have met some very fine people indeed and had some very useful and cordial exchanges with fellow members. One never stops learning.
    KevinF -

Account Suspended
    [QUOTE=KevinF;131979]Has Stalking Directory run its course?

I have been a member for nigh on a year now and am seeing the same questions and threads making a re-appearance.

Either newcomers are lazy and don't search the archive before they post, or the search engine doesn't work the way people's heads do and so we get repeats of the same-old-same-old because newcomers don't find easily the answer to the question they wish to ask.

I have much enjoyed the fellowship of SD. Like so much in life the value is proportional to what one puts in - and I have met some very fine people indeed and had some very useful and cordial exchanges with fellow members. One never stops learning.[/QUOTE]then the answer to your question is no

With an expanding membership, coupled with a sport increasing massively in popularity, you are bound to get the same questions coming up on a regular basis. The great thing about SD is that the majority of experienced members are happy to answer questions posted by newcomers to stalking. I believe SD is an important source of information, especially when compared to the various magazines that cover stalking to one degree or another. I think it's a great site, and you won't hear any complaints from me!
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 01-09-2010 at 20:34.

All forums are the same, if you stay long enough you will see a repeat of the same old questions.

Neil.

Regular Poster
    As long as new members, young beginners come to the forum ask questions and receive answers from members who have been at it for many years and are willing to help, then there is a good future for SD, when the moral lessons deteriorate and encourage folks to take risky shots at long ranges and have a high percentage of misses that is not addressed, Then the stalkers will drift off in search of somewhere with a moral background that will represent their feelings and aptitude towards deer.
    But somehow I do NOT believe that will happen on this site, as the admin guys are watching the standards that are expressed on this site!

Dry Powder.

Barry Thom

It's like most things, I recently looked at a copy of Shooting Times from about ten years ago and it was all very similar stuff to what we read now. The seasons change and the same questions come up again and again, but it's still good to keep up to date. The information I have got from this site since joining has been superb and I hope that will continue for a long time. I also hope I can contribute something back. Just skip the stuff you don't want to read, keep a book handy when on the computer.

Definately not!!
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I have been a member of this site since March 2007 and apart from the last few months i don`t think there has been many days that i have missed looking in, even if it`s just to see the latest threads. I have been a member of other sites in the past and still am, but i do not get the same closeness of friendship that this site has given me, and that is especially meant about this last week. The best friends i have have been found through this site, and i`m sure there`ll be more to come too.
    Every forum is the same in that you will eventually cover the same subjects time over, but what makes this site different is that there are genuine folk that want to help newcomers, even though they are asking repetative questions. I always say it, but you will only get out of a site what you put into it. Who on here can say that they know absolutely everything about deerstalking?, nobody. But who on here enjoys passing on what knowledge they have got to newcomers?, plenty. Here`s one person that will pass on tips and knowledge to others whenever he can. Long live the SD site i say.

wadas

as already said, things will come up from time to time which have been asked before, but theres allways someone there to help out. i have been a member since jan 2007 and have met some great friends off the site. so i dont think the site is going anywhere but only getting stronger.

Well unlike some sites, this one is growing and growing. Yes people do ask the same questions, and your point is!! Every site has new members, many are novices, many are not.

Where else can you get free help, free stalking (if you approach folk the right way) or offers for very reasonable stalking, or the chance to join a syndicate to name but a few ways the site helps everyone. I have made some very good friends, and am looking forward to next weekend with 3 others off this site on a weekend away, and staying at another members home, plus a good meal out with maybe other members on Saturday night.

SD site finished ................................. Kevin I THINK NOT.

ATB

Sikamalc
    Last edited by sikamalc; 01-09-2010 at 21:39.