Double wording

Mannlicher_Stu

Alex some of the posts are double wording at the end of the first sentance and begining of the second sentance I have noticed it a few times now. Dont know whats doing it but I havent repeated myself.
Regards
Stu

Do you mean whilst you are actually typing a post?

Try clearing your browser cache.

Alex

Alex some of the posts are double wording at the end of the first sentance and begining of the second sentance I have noticed it a few times now. Dont know whats doing it but I havent repeated myself.
Regards
Stu

thats normally caused by a virus Ms, run your virus program if you have one.

f.

M_S
What Frank says is one possibility. Another is that your browser has become corrupt. Is your browser fully patched? Have you tried viewing the thread in another browser? I mainly use Chrome 5, but also have IE8 installed. What does the thread look like if you browse it from another PC or phone? The Forum software is very robust. I haven't observed any glitches in the Forum since I joined.
Rgds JCS

Can those who see a double word please confirm what browser versions you are using. Go to the menu Help-> About ... it should say the browser name and version.

thanks,

Alex

I have tested in IE8 and Firefox 3.6.3 and it's fine in both....

Last edited:
I've also looked at the raw data in the database and only one 'area' exists in the text so it has to be a browser issue of some description. Does it affect it if you change the width of the browser window? I.e something to do with text wrapping maybe?

A screen shot would be handy too if you can manage it...

cheers,

Alex

I've also looked at the raw data in the database and only one 'area' exists in the text so it has to be a browser issue of some description. Does it affect it if you change the width of the browser window? I.e something to do with text wrapping maybe?

A screen shot would be handy too if you can manage it...

cheers,

Alex
How strange when I right click it and scroll over it one of the words disappears so I cant copy and paste it as if its not there.
Stu

I will have to take a piccy of it to show you somehow

I will have to get my wizz kid son who is a CAD engineer to have a look at it next time hes up this modern tech is way over my head Alex, the limits of my ability on these things are pressing an on and off button:D

No I type the post correctly then when I post it the word repeats itself on the second line.

Stags (Huberts) commented about it as well it seems to be happening to him

Typical example is where Area Area in the end of the first line and the beging of the second line in this post
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?14642-New-Game-Dealer-in-the-Area

sorry got that wrong you do need laser treatment mate i cant see two areas either...

atb f...

I'm seeing area twice, in both Safari Version 5.0.1 (5533.17.8), and
Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
I see when logged in, or not.

Ignore this, I was looking at this thread where people have actually typed it twice, not the linked one, sorry :oops:

Neil. :)

Last edited:
Screenshots please!

Is 'Area' at the end of the line? What happens if you make your browser smaller?

The word Area is at both the end of the first line and also at the begining of the Second line I am using Windows Vista as well.
Its not just me seeing it other are as well Alex

Hubert (Stag1933)complained about it also in one of his posts.
Re screen shot how do I do that with a camera I suppose?

Back