Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First fox with my new rifle

Talking First fox with my new rifle

Well we finished our harvest today so i decided i quick shine around was in order and as i wasn't expecting too much i didn't even take the rifle :rolleyes: Anyway so i drove over the stubble shinning away and must have seen about a half dozen definite fox including 2 cubs that were on top of a bale and run down and just sat in the head lights (why did i leave the gun at home) and 2 more possibles along with 4 roe. So i went home and decided that i would have to go back out with it to see if i could christine it on fox. So i went back out and went back to where i had seen the cubs and gave a squeak for a couple of mins and then a set of eyes appeared. slowly moving along about 130 yards out to the left so another quick blast and it stopped in its tracks, up go the cross hairs and down goes charlie. She was quite a small vixen but i would say from my very limited experience was too big to be a cub from this year possibly from last? i don't know anyway it does the job nicely. I'll be out again tomorrow or over the weekend.

G

Good news George and well done. I was wondering how you were getting on with your harvest. Plenty of combine action inthat area over the last couple of weeks dodging the rain. I'm working nights at the moment and will be calling into the wood on Saturday morning to top up the feeders and drinkers. May see you around - unless you're all tucked up after a full night of foxing!

All the best,

Dave

Well done, nice feeling isn't it

Neil.

well done , the secret is dont go too often , know your limits so you dont educate them [if you cant make the shot leave it for another time] , be your own man dont shout about it and above all be safe

Quote Originally Posted by DC .270 View Post
    Good news George and well done. I was wondering how you were getting on with your harvest. Plenty of combine action inthat area over the last couple of weeks dodging the rain. I'm working nights at the moment and will be calling into the wood on Saturday morning to top up the feeders and drinkers. May see you around - unless you're all tucked up after a full night of foxing!

All the best,

Dave
    Thanks Dave, Harvest has nearly all been over past 3 days, up until then had only done 100 acres. I was going to let you know it was over but if you are on nights i may have to go it alone. Let me know if you do come around on saturday and if im about i will come over and see you. I will try to nock the numbers down before they do too much damage.

G

George, you should make it clear in your post that you have ascertained that the "eyes" belong to a fox, (using your bino's), just to avoid confusion for anyone else looking in,......... a good result as it happens, & hope you ping many more. Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    George, you should make it clear in your post that you have ascertained that the "eyes" belong to a fox, (using your bino's), just to avoid confusion for anyone else looking in,......... a good result as it happens, & hope you ping many more. Steve.
    Sorry like you said i should have made it clear i was 100% sure it was a fox and i was not just shooting at a pair of eyes.

G

Hi Groach,

Well done on the fox! what rifle is that?

ATB

Quote Originally Posted by 243Sako View Post
    Hi Groach,

Well done on the fox! what rifle is that?

ATB
    Tikka t3 stainless synthetic in 6.5x55 (a bit big but results in one very dead fox) with a S&B 8x56 with wildcat p8 sound mod.

G