Pete's raffle

I recently donated a days stalking in Scotland or Hampshire as a prize in Pete Bony aka frenchieboys raffle. The winner Simon on the SD chose Scotland so we went up for a couple of days this weekend. Hampered by gale force winds and snow blizzards then torrential rain and more blizzards we were having trouble finding the roe apart from a couple of very nice bucks we saw. So we decided to look for the red hinds on the first stalk we had seen several reds on the hill that Simon could not get into so spent Saturday on the tops with no luck apart from a hind that decided to spin around just as Simon was about to shoot. After dinner on Saturday night we returned to the caravan in another blizzard and thick snow. We got up this morning and decided to have a quick look over an area of fresh planting that has been hit hard by the reds and I have an SNH out of season license on due to the damage and immeadiately bumped into 3 stags about 160 yards away a quick shot by Simon and we then had the unenviable task of extracting a huge stag, which due to the terrain had to be cut up and brought out in bits. A shame to have to shoot it out of season but it will certainly please the owners. A really good weekend with Simon who proved to be a very capable stalker and an excellent shot as well as being a thoroughly nice chap.

Trevor

Trevor, you're a gentleman. It was a genuine pleasure meeting you and your family and in spite of the weather doing its best to hinder us I had a fantastic time. Best quid I've ever spent!
Thrilled to have knocked over my first stag as well.
I've managed to lay out the backstraps and get the haunches hanging in my spare fridge but the shoulders have had to go in the shed!

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

What a great thing to read, I'm genuinely made up for the two of you. I have to agree with you Simon, Trevor is a true gentleman and a real pleasure to know.
It's really great to hear that a winner is so happy with the eventual outcome!

Thank you chaps, it was a really good weekend and great to meet Simon. You are welcome back anytime Simon and hopefully we will bump into that big buck you saw when he is in season.

Trev

Well done Simon! I heard from Roy the extraction was a little on the challenging side given the ground and the size of the beast hehe! :) Nicely done mate! :thumb:

And where were you when we needed a hand then Stu ? On the lash with your mates ! Lightweight !!!!!

See you Saturday mate.

Well done Simon! I heard from Roy the extraction was a little on the challenging side given the ground and the size of the beast hehe! :) Nicely done mate! :thumb:

Challenging is one word for it! I'm just glad they didn't keep still long enough for me to have a second one like Trev told me to otherwise we really would have had fun :eek:
Hasn't put me off though!

And where were you when we needed a hand then Stu ? On the lash with your mates ! Lightweight !!!!!

See you Saturday mate.

Haha! I was slacking off, you cant get the staff these days!! :D I'll make sure I'm on hand to assist with the heavy lifting next time!

Definitely, will see you Saturday mate!

Last edited:
Back