Thread: Vw transporter van

Vw transporter van

lads,

i have a van a very nice van in fact. i have had it from new 2003. its a lwb vw 2.5 tdi the 120 hp model 1220 i think its named.
    it has barn doors factory bulk head a tow bar electric windows and mirrors. in all its my pride and joy. why sell, well i am upgrading for the new four motion vw van @ 22,000 plus the vat just so you know how much they cost. here in lies my issue, i dont want to sell it because its the best van i ever owned but in order to buy the new one she must go.
    i am willing to offer it to a stalker from this site first. reason been i would hope it will go to a good owner and wont be abused. it has done 140000 miles which i put on her from new, mot is to jan 11 tax till 8/11, 4 new continental tyres with 5000 miles done, new shocks all round new back breaks with new front ones in the box for when needed just had full service and new back half of exhaust also replaced are ball joints and track rod ends with drop links in the box for when required.exhaust comes in four and the back two have been done this week.

costs 88 quid to fill approx and you get 580/600 miles 40mpg

been to autotrader and fleabay so its worth 5000 if i got top top money for it. I want a decent offer please thats fair isnt it....

if there is a genuine buyer here whom is interested in it and has the money please contact me. only genuine enquiries please as the van is for sale and i cant do time wasters....

thanks for your interest, frank

For those looking at this, tempted, but thinking to themselves: "Oooh, I don't know this man. Will I get turned over.?" Am very happy to vouch for Frank. Genuine chap. If he says that how his van is, that's the way it is.
    KevinF -

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    For those looking at this, tempted, but thinking to themselves: "Oooh, I don't know this man. Will I get turned over.?" Am very happy to vouch for Frank. Genuine chap. If he says that how his van is, that's the way it is.
    kevin,

I appreciate that mate, thanks.

frank

Hi Frank... as in all things "Commercial" the market is deflated at the moment.. when was the last time you seen a new van on the road... may be a niche for your privately owned van but at 5000 you can get a lot of van in the dealers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Hi Frank... as in all things "Commercial" the market is deflated at the moment.. when was the last time you seen a new van on the road... may be a niche for your privately owned van but at 5000 you can get a lot of van in the dealers for that.
    Hi Rd,

Good point, in fact a great one but,

spent an hour today looking at the market for this van. 3k 4k for older models with 4/5 owners and the never been worked hard etc malarkey written about it.
    the good thing in my favour is you cant buy them.... especially one owner from new and a 100% guarantee the vans straight.
    also its a conversion dream. cut windows put seats in and its 6000 all day long. i hope...

deflated more like flatlined lol

f.

A picture says a thousand words Frank?? My Discovery 2 Commercial is probably the lowest mileage and highest specced in the U.K. and i am afraid to even take it near a LR outlet so i may sell it privately and hold on tight for the time wasters. On the other hand i know as you do what i have and just to hell with spending and keep it!! I hate fortune tellers on the phone... Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    A picture says a thousand words Frank?? My Discovery 2 Commercial is probably the lowest mileage and highest specced in the U.K. and i am afraid to even take it near a LR outlet so i may sell it privately and hold on tight for the time wasters. On the other hand i know as you do what i have and just to hell with spending and keep it!! I hate fortune tellers on the phone... Good Luck.
    Rd,

i feel thats the truth, i will only send photos when required. its either for you or its not as they say.
    only someone whom is interested will contact me.
    if not its to that disgusting auction i go...
    lol

f.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    ha ha your having a laugh mate?? the I,R,A wouldn't pinch that scrapper & put a bomb in it

thats great coming from a nissan navara owner...
    i had one of them before and brought it to the scrapy to see if it was worth anything...
    he gave me a tenner to take it away...

f.